Saturday, October 19, 2013

A not so professional not so crumbly but yummy vegan apple pie with cinnamon Streuseln.

Hallo meine Lieben,

I really really love and enjoy baking? Am I good at it? Well, that depends. I am definitely not a professional and you can see that. Most cakes, pies, cupcakes I make don't look very professional but so far all of them tasted pretty good (as long as I don't burn them). So I am trying to improve my baking skills and I surely enjoy the process.
So a couple of days ago I decided to give it another try and make an apple pie. A really easy one. And I want to share the recipe with you although the pictures are not very promising. You have to excuse the quality of the pictures, I still have to use my iPhone camera. So yeah, don't let the pictures and my non-existent crumble making skills fool you: the pie tastes absolutely fantastic. 


( I would say that you have to lick the spoon and the bowl in the end. That's the best part.)

So here is what the cake looks like when you have no idea how to make crumble. I really need to improve my crumble making skills so that the next pie won't just taste good but also look good.


And here is what you need.

For the dough.

150 g margarine
100 g sugar
some vanilla
200 g flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
100 ml almond milk

For the cinnamon crumble.

100 g margarine
150 g flour
as much cinnamon as you want but at least 3 tea spoons
125 g brown sugar

And of course...

ca. 1 kg apples

Also.

Walnuts and raisins. 


Mix all the ingredients for the dough and put it in the baking pan. Make sure that you don't just fill the bottom of the pan but also the edges (wow, I just realized that it is pretty hard to describe this in English. I hope you know what I mean. Please let me know how to call this correctly.)
That's what I mean.


Remove the core of the apples and cut them into slices and put all the slices on the dough. You can add some raisins or walnuts if you want  to. 
Mix the ingredients for the crumble and try to make some nice looking cinnamon crumbles. Cover the apples with it.
Put the pie in the oven and bake it for 40 minutes at ca. 200 degrees Celsius. (You can convert all the measurements here.)

And then a piece of the pie looks like that (when you use a crappy camera).


Enjoy!

Do you like baking? Are you a lover of pies or cakes? Do you have any recipes to share?
Have a fantastic weekend!

19 comments:

  1. I try to avoid vegan baking & desserts...it's not one of my favorite parts of cooking, except for nanaimo bars and Asian dishes, ha. The crumble cake looks pretty good...love the golden color on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like no-bake desserts...they are probably easy and stress-free to make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to eat baked goods and because there are not many vegan to find I try to make them myself! I would love to try your nanaimo bars, I am sure they are delicious! And I agree, no-bake desserts are awesome too! And stress-free to make! I love anything sweet I guess! :)

      Delete
  3. Baking is so fun this time of year isn't it?? That pie looks absolutely amazing. Yummy. I am a lover of pies and cakes but I am not a good baker at all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love baking! Can't wait to make some Christmas cookies! And eating them is even better! I am sure anything you bake tastes great! :)

      Delete
  4. That looks delicious!! I think your pictures capture the yummyness. Love apple pie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like it..even when the pictures aren't that great! :) Apple pie is so delicious!

      Delete
  5. Oh yum! That looks so delicious!! I should try this soon. I love apple pie :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Let me know what you think if you try the recipe!

      Delete
  6. I think your photos turned out great! This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the pictures! The pie tastes really good but I wasn't so sure if the pictures can show that! :)

      Delete
  7. It looks amazing! I something think its a shame that I dont have an oven and sometimes think its good for my diet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, I understand that dilemma. I need to make sure that I don't bake 3 cakes/pies each week. :) But I really enjoy eating some once in a while!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. It really is easy to make! Glad you like it! :)

      Delete
  9. oh my gosh, this looks amazing!!! I am not this skilled but wish that I was!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not very skilled either. :) But thank you! The pie is so delicious!

      Delete

Please leave a comment...