Sunday, February 24, 2013

Let's talk about awards.

Hallo meine Lieben,

I hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday! Will you watch the Oscars tonight? I definitely will. I love to watch them. I am a huge movie fan plus I really enjoy seeing the beautiful and horrible dresses at the red carpet. 




I know I have just told you that I am a huge movie fan. But I consider myself a huge fail this year because I haven't seen any of the movies that are nominated for best picture. I feel really bad about this because I usually try to watch most of the movies that are nominated but I just did not find the time recently. There are some I am really  interested in. Silver Linings Playbook and Django Unchained for example. But I guess I have to watch them when the awards are over. At least I read "Life of Pi".

David and I have watched "The Impossible" last night. I am a huge fan of Ewan McGregor and I think he did a great job. Naomi Watts also. Plus there is a German actor in the movie. Yeah for that.  The movie scared me a lot because of all the water. I really don't know if I could survive in such a situation. I would probably die of a panic attack before the water would hit me. 

I really wish that Joaquin Phoenix will win the award for Best Actor but I kind of doubt it. But he rocks and he is definitely my favorite of all the nominees. I am also keeping my fingers crossed for Christoph Waltz because he is fellow German speaker and also a fabulous actor.

I am glad I am in America and don't have to stay up the whole night to watch the Oscars. 

So, I hope you guys will all enjoy your Sunday night, no matter if you are interested in the Oscars or not.
I am very proud and honored to tell you that I received an award too!


My dear friend Chrissy from Whimsical Poppysmic who is a fellow German nominated me for the Liebster Award! It means a lot to me that I received the award from her because she is such an awesome person and my blog hero too! Thank you so much, Chrissy!

Chrissy asked all the people she nominated to answer her 11 questions. I love answering questions and it is an honor to do that with hers. So here we go.

Chrissy's eleven questions.

1. When did you start blogging and why?

Almost a year ago! In April 2012! How exciting! I remember that I started to read some blogs a couple of months before I started my own blog and I loved to read all the lovely posts and leave my comments. And I wanted to be a part of the community, share my thoughts with others, tell people about my life in America. 

2. How do you start your day, what are your morning rituals and when do you have to get up?

I get up at 7 am every morning and the first thing I do every morning is to make a coffee or a tea. I am not really a morning person, not very talkative so I need something to wake me up. 

3. What's your favorite quote from a book? Name the book.

Well, that's easy. "Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends." by George Bernard Shaw.

4. Where do you live and would you rather live somewhere else, no matter where?

I am a German but I live in Ohio, United States. I live there in a smaller city with my husband David. This is not the place we want to live forever. We would love to live in Denver, Colorado or in Ireland. :) I hope we can move to one of this places as soon as possible.

5. Introvert or extrovert?

I would say I am more of an ambivert but tend to be more introvert than extrovert. I don't like to be in the middle of a huge crowd, I love to spend some time alone but I can also be very enthusiastic. 

6. What is one of your greatest fears in life?

Lots of water. I am really scared of water and drowning. I am also scared of losing my loved ones. 

7. Do you set yourself goals? Name one of your most important goals for 2013? 

Sure, I set goals for myself. The most important one is to find the perfect place to live. 

8. Who's the most annoying celebrity in your opinion?

Uh, there are so many. The Kardashians are really annoying because they are so dumb. And Jennifer Love Hewitt. I just can't stand her. And I hate the way Heidi Klum talks. Oh, and Tom Cruise. 

9. What's your favorite junk food?

Probably fries. Do they count as junk food? I love anything made of potatoes. Also chips. I can eat lots of chips. 

10. What do you like about yourself the most?

Hmm, I like about myself that I am a very caring person. :)

11. Name 3 of your favorite blogs for me to visit!

Oh, I have so many favorite blogs. You already know Miki's blog and I think we read a lot of the same blogs. I also love Alex' blog ifs ands & butts, Celeste's blog The Punching Teacup and Sara's blog Sara In Le Petit Village. And many more. I love all the blogs I read on a regular basis and you should visit all of them. Unfortunately, I can't link up to all of them here. But that reminds me that I have to make a list of all the blogs I read. 

Chrissy, thank you again for nominating me! You are such a sweetheart and I love reading your blog! Please feel free to answer Chrissy's questions. I would love to read your answers!
Have a lovely  Sunday!

28 comments:

  1. I love chips too!!! We can never buy them or have them in the house because they would be gone soooooo fast.... :) Congrats with your lovely award and have a great Oscar night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, I know what you are talking about. Once the bag is open I can't stop! Thank you so much, have a great night too!

      Delete
  2. I'll be watching tonight but I also failed at watching most of the nominees. I did see Silver Linings which I loved but I think that is the only one I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to see that movie too! Hopefully I can watch it in the next days!

      Delete
  3. Haha...I actually did not even know the oscars were tonight..I don't really care that much to be honest. Unless I know someone nominated it's not my kind of thing!

    Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like to make guesses and see who will win and make fun of the dresses. So hopefully it will be interesting!
      Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Yes I am! Downtown Abby is over for the time being so nothing to stop me. Thank you for your kind words. Following on Bloglovin : )

    Ali of


    www.dressingken.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually I would watch Walking Dead and Girls but they have to wait until tomorrow! :)
      Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Yay for Oscars tonight! I've seen a few of the best picture nominees but definitely not all of them! I also love Christoph Waltz. If you are looking for something fun to do during the oscars.... I think this is pretty awesome:

    http://youremyfavoritetoday.blogspot.ca/2013/02/academy-awards-bingo.html

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, this is so awesome! :)) Thank you so much for sharing! And enjoy watching the Oscars!

      Delete
  6. I'm in Ohio too! so fun - where do you guys live??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved reading your answers, Katrin! That'd be so cool if you guys could move to Ireland! Not that the USA is a bad place, but I can totally picturing myself more in the UK than here.

    I really like Ewan McGregor, too! He's so talented! I love Trainspotting so much and I look forward to seeing Jack and the Giant Slayer because of him and the boy in About a Boy; can't believe he's grown so much, haha.

    Last but now least, thank you SOOO much for mentioning my blog!!! YAY! ;D I love reading yours and I feel so glad to have met you through this medium! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it, Miki! I am sure Ireland would be awesome! But there are many great places in the US too. We will see!

      I am a huge fan of Trainspotting! Such a great movie! Ewan McGregor is definitely one of my most favorite actors!

      You are very welcome, Miki! I am so happy that we have met and I love reading your blog!

      Delete
  8. I did watch the Oscars. I'd seen a couple of the movies (I loved Silver Linings Playbook, and Argo - I really wanted to see Lincoln, but haven't gotten a chance yet!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to check out Silver Linings Playbook! I am really curious now!

      Delete
  9. I've only seen Silver Linings Playbook and while it was good, I would never think of it as Oscar worthy, but the whole system confuses me anyway.

    Thank you so much for the nomination Katrin, makes my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it confuses me too! I have no idea what the Academy thinks. Haha.

      You are very welcome, Alex! You know how much I love your blog!

      Delete
  10. I didnt watch the awards show last night. Opted to skip it since the last few awards show kinda sucked & so did the stupid acceptance speeches. The only thing that really interests me is the red carpet & seeing what everyone wore.

    The only movie I've seen is Django Unchained & gotta say, it was pretty damn great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved Django Unchained and I'm so happy Christoph Waltz won, he was the best part! I have to admit I have teensy crush on him. Weird, I know, since he's old enough to be my dad! :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. I watched the Oscars on Monday afternoon so I spent all morning ignoring the internet so there wouldn't be any spoilers! I was so happy Jennifer Lawrence won - love her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and THANK YOU!! I'm blaming my omission of that in the first place on my nasty flu. It's got my brain fuzzy. xo.

      Delete
    2. Sounds like a great afternoon! And I am sure it was hard to ignore the internet the whole time!
      I am so sorry you are sick! Hope you will feel better soon!

      Delete
  13. Awesome, thanks for playing along! Love your answers and boo I couldn't watch the Oscars live!
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! Thank again, you are so sweet! Hugs!

      Delete
  14. I used to love watching the oscars but haven't in a few years. I always love to see the highlights though, even though I haven't seen many of the movies this year. These Q&A are so fun to read!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...