Thursday, July 11, 2013

Random Thursday. DIY project.

Hallo meine Lieben,

how is your week going? We're having some interesting weather here in Ohio...lots of rain, storms, sometimes even sunshine. 
It's time for another Random Thursday with these girls.



And this is the topic. 



The thing is that I love DIY projects but haven't taken the time to do anything in months (except of some drawing and painting). It is a shame because there was a time when I did something creative at least each week. So yeah, it kind of makes me sad that I don't find the time to do more of the things I enjoy right  now. I know that I should take the time but there are always "more important" things to do which just isn't right because the things I enjoy should be the most important things to do. Well, I don't want to go on about this so instead I will share an idea for a DIY project with you. 

My DIY book shelf idea.

I built a book shelf probably 10 years ago and I really enjoy that kind of work so I want more! You need some wine boxes, similar to this one. I would say 12 should do it. 



Then you paint the bottom of of each wine box in any color you like. I would probably use 2 different colors. Probably a dark grey and white. 
Then you arrange the boxes the way you want the book shelf to look at the end.  I think I would use 4 as the bottom, then 3 for the next row and then another row of 4 and then 2 on the top. Which shows me that I need 1 more box. So you need 13 boxes. 
Then you need a hammer and some nails to but all the boxes together.
And in the end it should look similar to this, but without the TV in the middle.



As you can see, I am in desperate need for some more book shelves. 
This is my next project. What's yours?

Oh, and I am still working on the scarf I started months ago. Maybe I can finish it until autumn. 

Have a wonderful Thursday!



24 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    usually I love to do crafts and DIYs but at the moment, I am just not in the mood, although we're moving soon and there are some ideas what to do. But still.. :-D

    That bookshelf looks great, something, I would like myself!

    Aaand tonight, we'rea having the Kohlrabi Schnitzel, finally, can't wait to taste them! Hopefully, I will have a blogpost online, soon, with this topic.

    And of course, I will link your blog then, if that's okay!

    Have a great birthday weekend!

    Franziska

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Franziska!
      I am sure you will be in the mood to do some DIY's as soon as you are in your new home. :) Good luck with the moving!

      I hope you love the Kohlrabi-Schnitzel! I can't wait to read about it! And I would be honored to be mentioned by you! Thank you!

      And thanks for you kind wishes, have a wonderful weekend too!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea!!! I can't wait to see how it turns out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, that's such a fun idea!! I cannot WAIT to see the finished project!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your idea! The finished product will be awesome! I am much like you lately when it comes to crafting... its been non-exsistent!Cant wait to get back to it!

    -Simone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither, I really need to find the time because I enjoy it so much!

      Delete
  5. this is a brilliant idea! if you do it you have to share with us!
    this might sound crazy coming from a wine lover but where do you get wine boxes?
    I've never seen them.
    thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely share it!
      Well, when you buy 6 bottles of the same wine they usually come in such boxes. But you would have to buy a lot of wine. :) I know that my dad has some in his basement. But you can also go to wineries and ask them for the boxes, they usually give you some for free or for really cheap. You can also get them on ebay!

      Delete
  6. the book shelf looks so cool!
    i would want one too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will build you one when I come to visit. :))

      Delete
  7. I love the bookshelf idea! Sadly we don't have any more room for bookshelves right now. Boohoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we need more room also!:) I need one room just for books and book shelves!

      Delete
  8. Good luck!!

    I think I am finished with DIY for a while...hope so anyway, its always so messy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yeah, it is always a mess! And I think you already did a lot of projects recently! :)

      Delete
  9. I'm obsessed with bookshelves... I just wish I had more space because this is a really cute idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need more space too. you can never have too many book shelves. :)

      Delete
  10. OMG LOVE IT!!!!!! I haven't seen wooden wine boxes in Canada - but I'm going to keep my eye out, cos this is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can find some in Canada! I haven't seen them here in America either but they are very common in France. My Dad always bought his wine in France so he has many of them!

      Delete

Please leave a comment...