Thursday, November 29, 2012

My winter survival items. Random Thursday.

Hallo meine Lieben,

I hope you are enjoying your week. I am linking up with these lovely ladies for another Random Thursday.

And this is the topic.


Well, I am always cold in fall, winter and spring and sometimes even in summer so I have lots of winter survival items. Without them I would be completely lost.

... hot water bottles.

If you read my blog on a regular basis you already know how much I like and need hot water bottles. I usually make 2 or 3 in the evening to keep me warm. I think I start using them in early September and won't stop until April or May. I have a huge collection of hot water bottles and the first time I traveled to America David surprised me with one because he knows how much I need them.

... lots of tea.

I drink tea all year long but it is even more important in winter. There are so many wonderful teas and I love to try new flavors. Peppermint is my all time favorite but I also love all kinds of fruity teas, green tea, black tea....anything. I think I should definitely add a "tea time" to my daily routine. 

... a warm blanket.

I also have lots of warm blankets. Even one that you can wear like a coat. I don´t know how they are called but I brought it from Germany to America and the nice officer who unpacked all my stuff was a little confused to see such a huge blanket. But I need it. But I agree it might have been easier to just buy a new one in America. 

... David. 

Well he is my favorite hot water bottle. He is never cold and I don't need any hot water bottle when I cuddle with him. 



... gloves, scarves and hats. 

Also, I own a huge collection. My latest addition to that is a red scarf with foxes on it. I am in love and I could not resist. I never leave the house without a scarf because I really need a warm neck. And warm hands. I look like an idiot when I wear hats but I don't care as long as I can stay warm. 

... food that makes me feel good.

I love eating and you need to eat a lot in winter because you need all the energy you can get. At least I always tell myself that when I eat too much.  I love to eat lots of pasta and potatoes in fall and winter because they make you feel good and give you energy. I also eat lots of fruits and veggies. 

... books.

I love to cuddle up on the couch with a tea, a blanket, a hot water bottle and a book. Yesterday I started to read the new crime novel by Hakan Nesser and I love it. The days are so short now so you can't really go out for a hike or anything like that so it is great to spend the evening with a book. 

... movies and shows. 

David and I love to watch shows and movies and there is even more time for it in winter. We enjoy it a lot and it definitely makes the winter be a lot better when you can spend the time on the couch in your warm living room.

... warm socks. 

I can't even sleep without socks in winter. I always have cold feet, even in summer. So warm socks are a must. I have ridiculously warm socks that make your feet look like you are a hobbit but they make me feel good and that's all that matters to me. 

... my favorite hand cream and body lotion. 

My skin is so terrible. It is so dry and it even hurts in winter. It starts to bleed and so on. So I need lots of hand cream and body lotion. My favorites are Handy Gurugu hand cream and Sympathy for the skin body lotion by Lush. 
They are wonderful, make my skin feel so much better and smell incredible. 

                                                                                    source

What are your winter survival items? Do you like winter? What's your favorite season?
Have a lovely day!

22 comments:

  1. Oh, love all your winter survival items - hot water bottles were at the top of my list too!! And winter food - so good!

    Hahaha - David looks like the best hot water bottle - should probably get myself one of those:)

    Have a good day!

    http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh I need to stock up on some hot water bottles. I have a couple of those rice/lavender fleece bags I heat up in the microwave, but I always over cook them and they smell like burnt rice... gross lol! Leah {Lovely Life of Leah}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I have one with grape seeds and I know what you are talking about!

      Delete
  3. definitely everything you've listed, although there's no David as of now, soup is also something I love in the winter, you can survive without soup but I prefer not to.

    have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I prefer not to either! Soup is awesome! I love all kinds of soup, especially lentil soup!

      Delete
  4. that picture of you guys is too cute! reading through this I was nodding the whole time, couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with so many of these! I aboslutely love tea and have it every day! Peppermint is my new favorite. So good and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah peppermint is really great! And you can even enjoy it cold in summer!

      Delete
  6. I woke up to the first flutters of snow this morning, and since I'm a bit under the weather, I'm curling up on the couch today with a cozy blanket, my hot water bottle, and the Gavin & Stacey box set. A perfect winter day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even know that show! How is that possible! Have to check it out! Sounds like a perfect winter day! And I hope you feel better!

      Delete
  7. excellent ideas! :) I love my husband for the same reason- he's always warm!! I might have to try that lotion. With nursing, our hands get so dry and red this time of year! thanks for all the great winter tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know what you mean! I am not a nurse but I always have problems with my hands!

      Delete
  8. definitely great ingredients to prepare for cold!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe, David is your fave water bottle! :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Winter food is a must in my book too. It's honestly crazy how much weight I gain in the winter haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always gain weight in winter too. Eating is great! :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment...