Friday, June 1, 2012

Book Club. A floral blazer. And a Universal Tellerwäscher.

Hallo Ihr Lieben,

it is Friday again so I am linking up with Heather from Blonde...Undercover Blonde.

Håkan Nesser is an award winning writer from Sweden, he mostly writes crime fiction and he is one of my most favorite authors. He has written a series of books about his first detective Van Veeteren and is currently writing on his second series about Inspector Barbarotti. There is just one drop of bitterness: he has written 23 books but you can't get all of them in English. That's a shame and I really don't understand why. They should translate all of them into English. And hopefully they will do it soon because nobody should miss these great books. 

So today I want to introduce you to this book:


"The Inspector and silence". It is from the Van Veeteren series and it will be released in America on June 12! Yay! The weird thing is that this book was first published in Sweden in 1997. Haha. So 15 years later you can finally buy it in America. Pretty fast. I am impressed.  But anyway, you should not miss it. In German it is called "Der Kommissar und das Schweigen"  which is a surprisingly good translation. :) So the book really has the same title in Swedish, German and English. Wow. 
You have to know one thing about me: when I really really love a book then I can't stop reading. Nothing can interrupt me, not dinner, not a doctor's appointment, lack of sleep, a phone call, a burning house. I think you get my point. And this is one of these books. When I see that there is a new book from one of my favorite writers I just have to buy it, go home and do nothing else in the next 24 hours. 

Van Veeteren is a middle aged detective, who loves classical music, has stomach troubles and solves his cases with a mixture of black humor and intuition. 
This case seems to be very confusing. A young girl disappeared from the summer camp of an obscure sect. Nobody knows what happened to her. Has the mysterious sect leader something to do with it? Van Veeteren has to interrupt his vacation to help finding the girls. What is wrong with the 3 young girls who seem to be the sex slaves of the sect leader? Do they have a secret? A little later the police finds a girl in the woods. Raped and killed. But it is not the girl they were searching for. Back to the camp they discover that the sect leader disappeared too. Nobody wants to know anything. Can Van Veeteren find out what happened to the girls?

I really really recommend reading the whole series. The character of Van Veeteren is so complex and you have to love him....in spite of his grumpiness. I love the way he solves his cases and Nesser is such a fantastic writer that it's pure joy to read his books. 




And I think I am in love with this fabulous blazer. 

                                                                        Zara Blazer

I could combine it with so many things....it is the perfect blazer, isn't it? Zara is one of my most favorite stores, by the way. I really really miss Zara here in America because the next store is in Chicago which is 370 miles away. That's over 6 hours to drive. That's a shame. I have to get used to the fact that America is a little bigger than Germany. I had a Zara store in the town I worked in so I started every shopping trip at this great store. I think Zara has an online store in America now but that's just not the same. 

And here is my song of the day: "Universal Tellerwäscher" by Die Sterne. One of my most favorite German bands. They are not the prettiest German band, that's for sure. But they write very intelligent songs and produce really good videos. Plus Die Sterne was the first (good) band that I have seen playing live. First concert ever. I will never forget that. My parents had to drive me and my friend Julia to the concert and we felt so cool because we were allowed to go to a concert. All alone. Woohoo. 


Have a lovely Friday!



12 comments:

  1. Oooh, I feel like this is a book I definitely want to read! I REALLY need a kindle and all of these ebooks.

    I love that Zara blazer.. you should totally get it. Peer Pressure!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a kindle for Christmas and I love it! I mean, I also love my shelves full of books because books are awesome but it is nice to have millions (!!) of books in such a small thing and you can carry it around all the time. And yeah, the Nesser books are all great so you should read all of them! :)

      Oh, I hate peer pressure! :) But I really love that blazer!

      Delete
  2. That blazer is AMAZING. You need it. Everybody needs it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think so too! It is so great! My birthday is next month so we'll see. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm going to read this book. Sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waaaa!!! Die Sterne sind so Hammer! Ich habe die früher immer gehört, aber ich weiß nicht wann ich das letzte Mal an die Band gedacht habe...Danke für den Erinnerungs-Flash!!!

    Danke auch für den Buch-Tipp, klingt auf alle Fälle super!

    Liebe Grüße & schönes Wochenende!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ich find die toooootal super! Find ich ja super, dass Du die auch so magst! Hast Du nen Lieblingssong?

      Schönes Wochenende!

      Delete
  5. Totally agree- the blazer is adorable!

    And thanks for linking up again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, a really cute blazer!
      Thank you, I love the book club! :) I always find so many great new books!

      Delete
  6. What a shame that the books are not all available in English! I have never been to Zara. The closest stores are in Texas and California!!! Online shopping isn't the same.

    Love that song btw :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the song! :) It is one of my favorites!

      I think they are releasing more of his books in English now. They are all soooo good!

      There is no Zara in Ohio either, the next one is in Chicago. :( I need to go to a Zara store here in Germany at some point!

      Delete

Please leave a comment...