1.We cook two different meals almost every single day because David and I eat completely different things. He hates my broccoli, he says it tastes terrible but the smell is the worst. I stopped eating meat when I was 12 and I will never ever eat it again. I eat vegetables every day. With rice. Or pasta. Or potatoes. Sometimes with tofu. That might sound boring but I love it. I really do. I am glad that David started to like at least some vegetables but we will never have the same taste in food. He loves onions for example. I love all other vegetables but I get sick when I accidentally eat an onion.
2. Sometimes I eat the same thing every day. For weeks. I remember that once I ate fruit salad for every meal, every day. The after a couple of weeks I have enough and start to eat something else. At the moment I am addicted to Hummus and would like to eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
3. I wish there would be a vegan alternative for "Danny Sahne Pudding". It really is the only thing I miss. I don't miss meat or scrambled eggs. I don't miss it at all. But I would really like to eat this pudding again. There are so many vegan alternatives on the market now. I love it. You even get vegan fish. I have never tried that but a couple of days ago I saw vegan scampi in an online store and I would be interested to try that. When I became vegetarian there weren't many alternatives. My first tofu Schnitzel tasted awful. I remember that I came back from school, opened the door and smelled something really terrible. My Mom wanted to make me happy and found some tofu Schnitzel for me. I am sure it was horrible for her to cook it because of the smell but she did it. She was so wonderful. We both tried it and it tasted like rubber. But there is such a great selection now, I am always surprised on how much you can find these days. I don't need meat replacement every day but it is nice to have it sometimes, especially when you have a barbecue.
4. I believe in the saying "Sieben Bier, ein Schmier" which means "Seven beer are one slice of bread". I always try to eat when I drink but when you don't have something to eat then a beer makes you full too.
Maybe seven beer is a bit too much. When I drink seven beer I fall asleep. After one beer I get really talkative. After three beers I get tired.
5. I hate the smell of barbecue sauce. I just can't stand it. I don't know how people can actually like that. David likes it by the way (it seems like he loves to eat all the stuff I hate and I hate all the stuff he likes. Good combination. :)). I don't know what's it made of but it smells like rotten bones covered with burned sugar and wood.
6. A couple of years ago I ate a whole Habanero pepper. I wanted to be brave. I like spicy food a lot and so I thought it wouldn't be that bad. But hey, it was terrible. I wanted to call an ambulance because first I wasn't able to feel my hands anymore, then my nose, I was blue and red around my eyes and it was just absolutely painful. I ate a whole baguette to lessen the pain. Water does not help at all against it.
What's your favorite food?
Here's a picture of Findus on his favorite blanket. He is a very relaxed bunny. And he likes to eat. As you can see. He only gets fresh food and he runs around a lot so I don't know why he is so chubby...But my vet says he is absolutely fine. I am sure it is just his bone structure. :) And the picture is not very flattering. Haha. He is a beautiful bunny!