Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Ten on Tuesday. Wake up songs. Books. Mixtapes. Cute pet pictures.

Hallo Ihr Lieben,

I am linking up with the fabulous Lin from Linny's vault!



I don't like to get up in the morning. I really really really dislike it. Sometimes I had to get up at 4:30 because I had to leave the house at 5:30  to catch the train at 6 to be at work at 7. That was nice. So you can imagine that I needed lots of coffee to stay awake. (The problem was that I never went to bed before midnight). I also needed some good wake-up-music that prevented me from falling back asleep. So today I want to share some of these songs with you. 
And because I don't want this post to be too boring I split it 50/50 into wake up songs and another random things about me. Sounds interesting? Maybe not. You'll see.

1. The Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger


The perfect song to wake up in the morning. At least in my opinion. It is also used as the "goal hymn" for several Fußball clubs. And Fußball is always good. 

2. Surfer Blood - Swin


I have seen Surfer Blood last year when they opened for ...And you will know us by the trail of dead and they were incredibly good. The singer seemed to be a little awkward but I guess that was only my opinion. Haha. I guess he was just nervous because those guys are pretty young.

3.  Kaiser Chiefs - I predict a riot


I love to listen to that song in my car. Really loud. And then I ruin it because I have to sing. But I am awake then. 

4. Maximo Park - Apply some pressure


Oh, I think this is my favorite wake up song! I just love it!

5. Goldfinger -Superman


That's the only song I really like from that band but I heard it in my friend's car and immediately liked it. And makes me smile in the morning and that's why I always have the cd in my car. Does anybody still have tapes by the way?

6. That brings me to mix tapes. :) I love mix tapes! And I mean "tapes". Sure, it is not the easiest way to share music  but I am pretty oldschool and I love it. I mean, you sit in front of your tape deck for 90 minutes and record some great music for people. I always swapped mix tapes with all my pen pals when I was a teenager and I still have all of them. I am scared of the day they will stop working. I have themed mix tapes, mix tapes from different bands, different countries, the covers are all designed with love....it is just so awesome. The world needs more mixtapes. 


7. And that brings me to a really good book: Love is a mixtape by Rob Sheffield.


I have read it a couple of years ago and I really feel like I want to read it again now. It is a heart-warming books about love, loss and music. Rob Sheffield tells us the story of his life using the listings of fifteen of his favorite mix tapes. It begins with the day he first met the girl of his dreams and ends when he has to watch her die. This book shows what power music can have for two people, that it builds a strong bond between two persons that not even death can destroy. I really recommend this book! Even when you are not a music lover.

8. I have some of my favorite albums as vinyl. Not that I listen to them every day but I really like the fact that I have a record player and lots of albums that I can play with it. It is such a completely different experience, I can't really describe it but it's awesome.

9. My lovely Miss Sugar Shack (you can find her fabulous blog here) requested some more pics of my pets. So  here you are:


Tiffie looking pretty cool. He eats my homemade cookies here by the way. And yeah, Tiffie sounds like a bunny-girl....The first couple of weeks I though he is a girl but then he turned out being male.


Tiger in one of his favorite sleeping places: a cardbox.

10. I hate it when water runs down my back. I just can't say why but the first seconds when I am under the shower are always terrible for me. It just doesn't feel right. 


I hope you are all having a fabulous Tuesday! Thank you so much for reading my blog, you are all more than wonderful!!

8 comments:

  1. I like the idea of the mixtape book. I'll have to look for that one.

    Your cats are cute too but I can't find your Google Friend Connect button to follow....

    Sarah
    http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sarah! The book is really great, I hope you like it too!
    The GFC button must be on the right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loveeeee pet pics! please keep them coming!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiffy and Tiger are so cute :))

    It wasn't my intention to make you hungry allthough I also get hungry when I see (vegan) food fotos on other's blogs ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There are also Lumpi (black cat) and Findus (black bunny). You'll see them in other posts. :)

      Yeah, I always get hungry when I see yummy food. Can't help myself! :)

      Delete
  5. I hear you girl! I can never sleep before midnight, it's already 11.39pm and I feel like the night just started. This morning I had a meeting at 10, and I woke up at 9.27! I'm so grumpy and slow in the mornings. I'm making a start on these songs to see how I go. I d on't have wake up songs but I do have getting ready music :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting ready music sounds good. :) I am always grumpy in the mornings, I just can't help myself. I need a coffee and some good music to feel at least a little awake!

      Delete

Please leave a comment...