Hallo meine Lieben,
It's Tuesday and that means that I am linking up with fabulous Lin from Linny's Vault who is celebrating her 3rd blog birthday by hosting some wonderful giveaways! You should definitely go and check it out, she is wonderful and funny and her blog is fantastic!
1. My number one is my wonderful husband and best friend David! He loves me even though I don't want to live in a bubble made of the leftovers of the earth when the universe ends. Thank you, Schatz! You rock! I love you!
2. My friend Vanisha from Vanisha's life...in Australia surprised me this morning with a wonderful thank you card! Vanisha, thank you so much! You absolutely made my day! You are such a sweetheart and I am so happy that we are blog friends!
Go and check out the blog of this wonderful, smart, fantastic woman!
3. I have met so many wonderful people since I started this little blog! Thank you so much for your support, our friendship means the world to me! You always make me smile when you leave a comment or send me an email! I love to come over and visit your blogs! One of my daily highlights! You know who you are! Thanks to all of you!
4. One of these lovely people is the wonderful Miss Sugar Shack! She is a German girl (like me), has an American husband (like me) and lives in the beautiful Netherlands! You should definitely go and check out her fabulous posts and pictures!
5. I recently discovered a great series of crime novels, written by the Icelandic writer Yrsa Sigurdardóttir. I also told my Dad how much I enjoyed her book "Geisterfjord". It was full of tension and really scary. And yesterday I found a package from my Dad in the mail: he sent me two new books from her! I totally freaked out because I did not expect that at all! Thank you, Papa! You are wonderful!
6. David recently told me that Germans always sound angry. I am thinking about this the whole time. I don't know if it's just me or all Germans. i need to do some research. I have never heard about this stereotype before. And do I really sound that angry? I can't believe it!
This is Oliver Kahn by the way. The former goalkeeper of the German national team. He was always angry.
7. I found my perfect recipe for salad dressing. Horseradish mustard mixed with oil, rice drink, soy sauce and different spices. I love it and eat it every day. I used vanilla rice drink. I know that most people would not combine vanilla with horseradish and mustard but it doesn't have a really strong vanilla taste plus I like weird combinations.
8. It can be frustrating when people ask me why I don't eat fish. A fish is an animal, okay? And by the way, you can't be vegetarian/vegan and eat fish. That does not make any sense. People who eat like that are pescetarians. And no, I don't have any deficiency symptoms. :)
9. I am the world's worst poker player because you can always see if I have good or bad cards. I love to play it anyway and I am sure my opponents are happy about it too.
10. I am also the world's worst mini golf player. I never won a single game but I always try to look professional. And I hurt the people who play with me. When I was a kid a hit my Mom's eyebrow with the bat so that we had to go to the hospital.
Have a fabulous Tuesday!