Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Ten On Tuesday. Chocolate truffle, books and stinky fruits.

Hallo meine Lieben,

happy Tuesday! I hope you are all having a wonderful week. 



Number 1.

I received this wonderful moisturiser in the mail yesterday and I am so in love with it (Thanks, again, MuLondon!). The smell reminds me of my childhood which is really awesome. Plus it makes my skin feel so soft.  It's the Organic White Chocolate Truffle - Face Moisturiser by the way. I will use it for a couple of days and then tell you some more about it. 



Number 2.

I got this book today and I can't wait to start reading it because it looks like so much fun. 



Number 3.

I wonder if I am the only one who reads several books at a time. Right now I am reading 5 books. I am so impatient that I can't wait to start a new one before I have finished the last one.


Number 4.

I would like to find out how a durian tastes. I know that lots of people say it smells like something rotten but I am still curious. I have heard it's forbidden to eat them in public places like the subway because of the bad smell. 



Number 5. 

I love to discover new things to eat. I know my selection is not that huge because I eat vegan and hate onions but I still try to find new things to eat all the time. 


Number 6.

Another great product I discovered is the SPF 18 Daily Facial Lotion by Beauty Without Cruelty. Thanks again to my wonderful friend Martha! I would not have discovered it without you! You rock! <3 The product is vegan and cruelty free and I am glad that it protects my face from the getting a sunburn!



Number 7.

My nose is constantly running since yesterday and I have no idea why.


Number 8. 

I have seen a travel documentary about Iceland yesterday and now I want to travel there even more. The country is so incredibly beautiful! Although I have to say that they have some pretty weird food over there. I definitely don't want to eat blood pudding, rotten shark meat or puffins!



Number 9.

I am totally in love with Instagram right now. It's so much fun. If you don't follow me yet, my you can find me here. My username is katrin_locc


Number 10.

I really need to catch up with some blog reading tonight. I am way behind. 


Have a wonderful Tuesday!








18 comments:

  1. I've never even heard of a durian. I can't imagine wanting to eat something that smells so wretched it's banned from public, confined spaces.

    Also, found you on Instagram. Let the stalking commence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just curious! That's why. Maybe when I smell it then I don't want to try it anymore!

      Thanks for finding me on Instagram! I started to stalk you too!

      Delete
  2. I read too many books at one time too :) glad to know I'm not the only one! And Iceland is definitely on my to-visit list. It's so beautiful!

    Also, I'm so glad to meet a German blogger! I majored in German in college and visited a few years ago. Will always hold a special place in my heart :) Where in Germany are you from? I lived in Hannover one summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that I am not the only one who reads several book at one time! :)
      I so want to travel to Iceland, it is such a beautiful country!

      So cool that you majored in German in college! And that you lived in a Hannover for a summer! Did you like it! What do you think about German people? Do they all sound angry? :) I am so glad to meet you!

      Delete
  3. I always read several books at once... a non-fiction book, an "at home" book (usually one I know is going to make me cry so I don't want to read it on the train), and my every day book for the commute to work and back! Also, when I get a new book, I can almost never resist the urge to start reading it straight away even if I already have a few other books on the go...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the fact that you have "at home" books and "every day books"! That is fantastic. I always carry a book around in my purse too. If I take a bus or train then I need to be able to read!

      Delete
  4. durian is one of my favorite. oh it's so good, and if you get one with the right ripe level, it's divine. but i don't like it when it's processed to other for such as candy or else. try durian muthong. it's sooo good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that you have tried it before! I would really love to try it too but you can't get it here in America I guess. You can even get durian candy? I did not know about that. Oh, I want to try the fruit so badly! I have heard somebody on the documentary saying that it tastes like rotten onions but I refuse to believe that! :)

      Delete
  5. I also read multiple books at once. I'll keep one by the bed, one in my work bag, one on the coffee table, etc. Because I have different types of things that I like to read at different times of the day. Maybe for work I'll pack a suspense novel and for bedtime I need something lighter.

    I've never heard of durian!

    So glad you like the moisturizer!! I wish BWC was more widely available, they have such lovely stuff.

    How could anyone eat a puffin?! But Iceland does seem like a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's how I do it too. I have one book waiting for me at every possible place. Nightstand, couch, purse...

      The fruit must be really really smelly but lots of people say it tastes very delicious!

      BWC really have lovely stuff! There are many products I want to try. I have one of their nail polishes and it is really good. And the moisturizer is fantastic! Thank you again! You are such a sweetheart!

      I don't know how people can eat a puffin. But on the other hand, I don't understand how people can eat a pig either.

      Delete
  6. I am also reading about 5 books!! Mostly science..one topic leads to another so easily :)

    I have never tried Duran but I heard it tastes like melon so I am going to avoid it (you may remember that watermelons make me drunk!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I am not the only one. And I agree, one topic really leads to another. There are so many books I want to check out!

      Yeah, I remember the watermelon thing. :) I guess it is better you avoid it then. :) I heard somebody saying that it tastes like rotten onions though which would mean that I better avoid it!

      Delete
  7. no idea how you're reading five books.. that's crazy! hope you're having a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't know. It is just so nice to have some variety. :)
      Have a great week, Cassie!

      Delete
  8. #1 - love to try it, does it smell like the name?

    #3 - I do the same thing except, I keep putting books down and start new ones and forget the ones I've started. and now there's a whole pile of unread books on my dresser.

    #5 - I'm the opposite, I'm very oppose to trying new food, somehow that makes my picking out something to eat very hard, or very easily depending what's available

    hope you're having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #1. It does! It totally reminds me of the hot chocolate my Mom always made for me. And it also smells a little bit like coconut! So good!

      #2. I can imagine that you have lots of books to read then!

      #5. I always try to choose something that I have not tried before. Although I also have my favorites which I tend to order more often. :)

      Have a sweet week!

      Delete
  9. I have always wanted to go to Iceland! I know it's silly but it's mostly because I love Bjork :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's a good reason to go to Iceland!

      Delete

Please leave a comment...