Friday, April 20, 2012

Die Welt kann mich nicht mehr verstehen.

Hallo Ihr Lieben.


I love music. I love listening to it, I love going to concerts, I love to find new great bands, I can play a little bass and saxophone, David is one of the greatest musicians EVER. So music is an important part of my life. I have lots of favorite bands. The lyrics of most of my favorite bands are in English but there are also some great German bands that people outside of Germany probably don't know. That's why I want to introduce you guys to some amazing German bands. 


Tocotronic
This band plays a very important role in my life. I went to my first Tocotronic concert when I was 14 and it was my first (good) concert ever. I will never forget the gig, I was just blown away. It was so exciting for me. My parents had to drive my friends and me to the concert because we were too young. It was a 45 minute drive and my parents went out for dinner during the concert. I adored this band (and still do), I even wanted to look like these guys (really!) so I was dressed like this for 2 or 3 years:




That means: cord pants, an Adidas training jacket from the 70s, band shirts and Converse sneakers. It was awesome. 
So if you want to listen to one of their songs:




What do you think about it?


Another band that played an important role in my teenage years are the Beatsteaks. I have been to many of their concerts and every single one was amazing. Their lyrics are in English but they are from Berlin. And very nice people by the way. Their guitar player offered me a beer after one of their gigs. 
Listen to one of their greatest songs:




Here is another band with German lyrics. Die Sterne. The second concert in my life was one of Die Sterne and two other bands. 
The video is just awesome. 




And last but not least: This is one of the most famous German bands. Unfortunately, not American-famous....I am not sure if there is any German singer or band that is famous in America. I guess some people might know "99 Luftballons (99 red balloons)" and Rammstein. 






What is your favorite band from your home country? Do you like going to concerts?

11 comments:

  1. i love learning new music from other lands!!! this is fantastic! :) and im loving your blog and happy that you finally joined us all here in blogland!

    it is hard to name my fav band from america because there are so many (and i listen to a lot of foreign music)..but i do love concerts for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan! I am glad you like it! :)) I love blogging!

      But yeah, there are so many American bands...do you have a favorite Norwegian band?

      Delete
  2. Nur mal so am Rande gefragt: Was bedeutet "just awesome"? Und woran erkenne ich, dass die Bedeutung von "awesome" eher positiv (im Sinne von "beeindruckend") oder eher negativ (im Sinne von "beängstigend") sein soll? Nur durch den Kontext?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo PD! Also in diesem Zusammenhang bedeutet es 'einfach nur phantastisch'. Also meiner Meinung nach wird 'awesome' so gut wie nie in einem negativen Sinne benutzt, das ist wohl nur relativ selten der Fall. In einem negativen Sinne wird wohl eher eher das Wort 'awful' benutzt. 'awesome' wird häufig umgangssprachlich benutzt, ich muss sagen, dass es in Amerika ganz schön häufig benutzt wird, fast schon zu viel. Und ich hab mich da in meinem Sprachgebrauch wohl etwas zu sehr beeinflussen lassen. Hehe. In manchen Zusammenhängen kommt es einem fast schon ironisch vor, man könnte wohl besser Wörter wie 'gorgeous'etc. verwenden. Es ist natürlich möglich, das Wort auch in seinem negativen Sinn zu verwenden, aber wohl eher unüblich. Ich hab es jedenfalls noch nicht gehört. Man kann es vielleicht vergleichen mit dem Ausdruck 'super'. Etwas kann ja auch 'super bescheuert' sein...
      ich hoffe das hat Dir irgendwie weitergeholfen, meine Erklärung hört sich wirklich 'super blöd' an....:)

      Delete
  3. Nein, eher "just awesome" im häufigeren Sinne! Danke :-) Da ich gerne "klaue" und gute Sachen übernehme, werde ich zukünftig diese Begrifflichkeit vermutlich öfter benutzen und meine englischsprachigen Fb-Freunde damit beeindrucken können ... :-o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankeschön! :) ich freu mich sehr dass ich Dir weiterhelfen konnte!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Die Ärzte the best of them, which probably won't be surprising since you know I enjoy another German punk band. Keeping with that, one of my favorite American bands is Green Day who I have been listening to since Jr. High and finally got to see in concert when I lived in Orlando. I like sooo much music and tend to rotate based on how I'm feeling, but some other pretty steady favorites include NIN, Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, and the Sick Puppies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I realized if you search it NIN probably won't take you to them lol. It's Nine Inch Nails.

      Delete
    2. I wish I could edit comments lol. Fun fact: Nine Inch Nails was started in Cleveland, OH. I probably technically shouldn't include Sick Puppies on the list of bands 'from home', since they started in Australia (although they moved to the US to give their musical career a better chance to take off). Okay I'll shut up now lol.

      Delete
    3. Oh. I love Green Day! I have seen them on a festival when I was 15 and it was awesome. :) I loved it so much!
      I know NIN, they are pretty cool! But I have never heard of Breaking Benjamin or the Sick Puppies. I have to check them out!
      It is so cool that NIN come from Cleveland. I did not know that!
      And please, don't shut up! :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment...