Saturday, April 21, 2012

Things I like.

Hallo Ihr Lieben.

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

You already know some random facts about me, you have learned that I am married to David, that we have 4 pets and that I have lost my Mama when I was 19. Maybe you want to learn some more about me....that's why I decided to make a list for you that contains some of my favorite things. And the things I dislike.

Favorite smell.
I love the way it smells after a rainstorm. And the smell of vanilla. And David smells absolutely incredible. 
Worst smell.
Onions!!!




Favorite TV show. 
Uhhh....there are so many. The Big Bang Theory is hilarious. I think I watch too much TV but here are some of the shows I love to watch: Castle, How I Met Your Mother, Black Books, Grey's Anatomy, Parks and Recreation, Game of Thrones, Das perfekte Dinner, The Mentalist, Cougar Town, 30 Rock, Der kleine Vampir, Six feet under, Friends, That 70's Show, Emergency Room....oh my God, I am addicted. This is not the end of my list....
Worst TV show.
Talkshows. Especially when they do paternity tests. Please!






Favorite movie.
The Boondock Saints. Best movie EVER. I could watch it again and again. I also like Napoleon Dynamite, Dirty Dancing, The Descendants, Reality Bites, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Into the wild, Earthlings, Die hard, Wayne's World, 127 Hours,  Dodgeball, Before Sunrise, The Sword In The Stone, all kinds of Horror movies, Love actually, High Fidelity, Nacho Libre....I just love spending a day with David on the couch watching shows and movies. 
Worst movie.
City of Angels. So boring. 




Favorite city.
Amsterdam. The city has such an amazing atmosphere. I love being there, everybody is so relaxed, I love the canals, I love the people. Can't get enough of it.
Worst city. 
Hmm, that's really difficult. I mean, there are nice places even in the ugliest city. So I am not sure. I guess I have to say Völklingen. It is a German city, located in Saarland. I guess there aren't many pretty things in Völklingen. So don't go there!




Favorite sport.
Fußball! I am a German. It is the best sport ever. I think every country in the whole wide world loves Fußball. Except of America. I think they just don't get it. And they don't have any good players. I like American Football too. I have been to one game with David (Cleveland Browns! Woohoo!) and it was so much fun. I have to admit that I have no idea about Baseball. I just don't understand the rules. 
Worst "sport".
Dog racing. Horse racing, Hunting. No sport. It is just cruel


Favorite game.
Poker. And Monopoly. On my phone: Words with friends and Scramble with friends. I am addicted. Oh, and Draw Something. So much fun. But I have to admit that it is a little difficult to draw on the little iPhone screen. 
Worst game. 
Mikado. I guess in English it is called "Jackstraws". Or "Pick-a-stick". I just can't play this game because my hands are too shaky. I have never won this game. And that makes me sad. 




Favorite magazines. 
Neon (a German lifestyle magazine) and Glamour.
Worst magazine.
Anything about hunting. 




Favorite colors.
Black. Blue. Green. Pink. Brown. And all kinds of minty colors at the moment. 
Worst color.
Hmm, I like all colors. But there are colors I can't wear because they make me look sick. Light yellow for example. But it looks awesome on other people.




Favorite things to do.
Spending time with David, reading, playing with the pets, writing, blogging, crafts, watching shows and movies (surprise, surprise), going to flea markets, having coffee, being in book stores, being at dm (a German drug store), daydreaming, reading blogs, cooking, hiking, painting, drawing, sleeping....
Worst things to do.
Ironing. It just sucks. 




Favorite drink.
Beer and wine. And Dr. Pepper. And tea and coffee. 
Worst drink.
Ouzo. Sambuca. Anything with anise in it. Jägermeister. Pepsi. 




Favorite food.
Pasta, couscous, potatoes, chick peas, broccoli (David hates it!)
Worst food.
Onions and meat. 




Favorite flower.
Gerbera
Worst flower.
They are all pretty for sure. It is nature. 




Favorite band or singer.
David, Tocotronic, Beatsteaks, Minus the Bear, Ash, Refused, Oasis, Manic Street Preachers, Stereophonics, Suede, The Beatles, Smashing Pumpkins, Mew, Robbie Williams, Die Sterne, Death Cab For Cutie, Muse.
Oh, and my favorite boy band was Take That. But they are not America-famous. David never heard of them. 
Worst band or singer.
Andrea Berg. A German Schlager-singer. My Dad likes her music. It is awful. And every song sounds the same. 




Favorite TV show from my childhood.
The Snorks. Pumuckl. 
I don't think that there was a show I hated as a child. 



Favorite computer game.
Maniac Mansion, ZakMcKracken, Day of the Tentacle. Fantastic games from the 80s/90s. The Sims. 
Worst computer game.
I can't play any shooting games. As I said, my hands are too shaky. 




Favorite fruit.
I really like all kinds of fruits. But I guess I would say cherries, strawberries, pomegranate, peach.
Worst fruit.
I have read about a fruit that smells really bad but tastes fantastic. Has anybody ever tried it?



Favorite beauty product.
Nailpolish. I have soooo many. 
Worst beauty product.
Anything tested on animals.



Okay, I guess that's enough for now. What are your favorite things? What things do you hate? Anything else you want to know?
Have a lovely Saturday!



8 comments:

  1. so if i am one of your favorite smells and onions are your least favorite, how is it when i eat onions? i think the badness of onions overrides the goodness of me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe. no, your smell is still the best. but i can barely smell it when you eat onions. :)

      Delete
  2. Liebe Katrin,

    eben wurden Du und Dein bezaubernd geschriebenes Blog in http://veggie-blogger-network.blogspot.de/2012/04/vbn-updates_22.html integriert.

    Ganz arg viele vegane Grüße, PD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, das ist ja großartig!!!! Dankeschön! Was für eine Ehre, ich freu mich sehr!:)
      Liebste Grüße!

      Delete
    2. Du gehörst zu den Wenigen, die (intuitiv?) verstehen (und umsetzen), was social network marketing im Internet bedeutet ...

      Delete
    3. Oh, dankeschön! Freu mich sehr über das Lob! Das ist wirklich lieb von Dir!

      Delete
  3. I love Dr.Pepper, love it! But whenever I find it here in France it's so expensive, which is kind of a good thing I guess because it's more of a treat than an everyday thing.
    And I'm totally with you on City of Angles. That movie was horrible!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr. Pepper is expensive in Germany too. Plus the French Dr. Pepper tastes better than the German Dr. Pepper. Isn't that weird?
    And I am glad I am not the only one who thinks City of Angels is terrible!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...