Tuesday, April 24, 2012

bucket list!

I love making lists. I have dreams that I want to achieve. So i thought it would be a good motivation to have a bucket list. 

This is the bucket list of my life. So I don't want to achieve all of this in a year.

1) Have a vacation house in Amsterdam. A house boat would be amazing!




2) Live on a farm in Ireland with rescued animals. Donkeys, chicken, cows, pigs, cats, dogs, bunnies, sheep....

3) Sell a painting. 

4) A ride in a hot air ballon. We planned to surprise my Mum with it for her birthday. It is heart-breaking for me that we weren't able to fulfil this wish.



5) Learn how to speak Dutch. The language is adorable. David's favorite word is 'Staatsloterij'. We have to laugh a lot every time we hear that word. I can speak a little French and Italian and it would be nice to improve my language skills.



6) Be a lawyer for animal rights.

7) Have the library I talk about all the time.

8) Play saxophone again. I played it as a child but sold my saxophone to get a bass. 

9) Learn how to play the bass. I had lessons but I am NOT good.  

10) Travel to Australia and New Zealand. 

11) Don't worry so much. 

12) Try 50 new recipes. 

13) Strive against my fear of deep water. It is really bad. I never go swimming because I am too scared. 



14) Get a really fancy camera.

15) Adopt a blind cat.

16) Adopt a dog.

17) Spend a night in a haunted castle in Scotland.



18) Buy all kinds of antique furniture. I am absolutely in love with old wardrobes and tables. Combine it with something new and you have the perfect house.



19) Organize all the files on my computer. It is bad. Really bad. 

20) Go to a Smashing Pumpkins concert. And a Minus the Bear concert (David just told me that they will be on tour in July. Yeah!)

21) Find time to read all the books I want to read.

22) Travel to Japan.

23) Eat every edible fruit in the world.



24) Plant a tree.

25) Go white water rafting with David. We went rafting once on the Colorado river. I guess all other people thought it was not wild at all but I was scared to death. 

26) Visit Iceland and see geysers. 



27) Ride a mattress down a staircase.

28) Spend a night in an ice-hotel.



29) See the Christmas island red crab.


30) Rescue all animals that need help.


......to be continued.


What's on your bucket list?

18 comments:

  1. OMG. A vacation home in amsterdam looks amazing! I would so love that! And just this week when we were in Scotland, I saw so many lambs and ducklings that I wanted to take home, and I'm trying to convince Mike to let us live on a farm with all those animals someday!!!
    Japan would be sooo awesome!
    Have you been to Yellowstone park? They have some amazing geysers there!
    OMG we almost stayed at a castle in Scotland!! how crazy!!!
    This list has so much cool stuff on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)) I am glad you like it! I always try to convince David to take all the cute animals back home! lambs and ducklings are soooo adorable!
      I am sure Scotland was amazing! Awesome that you almost stayed at a castle there! It would be amazing to see some ghosts!
      No, I haven't been to Yellowstone park! But it seems like I should! I did not know about that!

      Delete
  2. What a great list! My boyfriend desperately wants to spend a night in a ice hotel. I think I could handle it if it was only ONE night.

    I want to travel to Italy - to where my father's family is from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I would only stay ONE night! That's enough, I am always cold! So I am sure I would not be able to sleep at all but it would be an adventure! :)

      Cool! Your relatives are from Italy? That's amazing! What part of Italy? I love Italy a lot. My friend Julia lived there for a while, first Florence, then Venice and Rome. I think Venice is my favorite! Hope you will be able to travel there soon!

      Delete
  3. Whoa awesome bucket list! The Northern Lights is super high on mine, despite not wanting to go that far north in the winter time (no light, too cold, ahhhh). And the house boats in Amsterdam are just awesome, I did a bike tour once around the outskirts of the city and saw ones that blew my mind, too cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the Northern Lights! I need to add them on my list. :)) But yeah, I am sure I would freeze to death in winter!
      And a bike tour would be amazing too! We only walked. And went on a canal ride for sure!

      Delete
  4. Eine schöne Liste mit Dingen, die du im Leben machen möchtest. Das zeigt, dass du ein großes Herz (vor allem für Tiere) hast und gerne neue Herausforderungen annimmst.

    LG
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankeschön Chrissy, das ist wirklich lieb von Dir!

      Delete
  5. I love all the different places to visit that you've got on your list. When you make it to Australia and New Zealand, remember to get in touch! I've never really done bucket lists, we tend to decide out of the blue lets got to Timor Leste or the Solomon Islands! Maybe doing up a list is the better way to do it!

    Katrin, I loved the comment you left on my blog yesterday. I kinda really like my name too, it's Indian :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many beautiful places on earth that I would love to visit! And I will write you before I travel to Australia! :)
      I never made a bucket list before but I thought it would be a good way to remember all the things! :)

      It is such a beautiful name, I love that it is Indian! :) You're lucky to have it. :)))

      Delete
  6. I would most definitely love to have a boat vacation house in Amsterdam too! haha Cute list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberly! I would love to spend a couple of weeks every year on "my' boat house in Amsterdam! :))

      Delete
  7. im a HUGE minus the bear fan too!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! :)) They are so great!
      David told me that they will be on tour in July after I have finished my bucket list. Made my day!

      Delete
    2. Schönes Posting; ein Feriendomizil in den NL wäre schon etwas tolles <3.

      Herzliche Grüße.

      Delete
    3. Dankeschön! Ja, das wär schon was! :)

      Delete
  8. live on a farm...on the top of my list too!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...