Saturday, February 15, 2014

Five Things. Blind cows, the perfect sweater and a cat house.

Hallo meine Lieben,

I hope you are enjoying your weekend! How was your Valentine's Day? My weekend is pretty busy but I ate some vegan chocolate cake (first sugar in a week) and that's definitely worth the hectic. 

Please check out my friend Celeste's Five Things as well!



1. This sweater.



I totally fell in love with this sweater by Vaute Couture and I was devastated to see that it is sold out. I hope it will be back in stock soon because I think it is absolutely fantastic. 




2. The friendship between two blind cows. 





You can find the video on Cute Overload. Please check out Farm Sanctuary as well, they do fantastic and inspiring work.
This video really made me cry. Because it is so beautiful. It is good to have a reminder that there are still lots of people out there who love animals, care for them and give them a second chance. Thank you!


3. This book shelf. 


If I can't have my own library right now then I need this at least. I am sure it looks fantastic when you fill it with all your books. Well, I think I need two of them. Or three. I am in love. With a book shelf. 


4. A cat house.


Okay, I know that Lumpi and Tiger would love this. I need to learn how to build cat houses. That is for sure. The pets deserve the best because they make me happy.


5. A thank you.


A big thank you for being there, reading, commenting, supporting me, writing me, asking questions, understanding me, being funny and everything else you do for me. It means the world to me. Thank you!


Have a fantastic weekend!

16 comments:

  1. I love the bookcase and would love to have at least one of those in the house! And the story about the cows is too sweet.
    I realized tonight that none of the comments I left (on some of your other posts) from my iPad actually showed up here. I'm not sure what's going on with that and I'll have to look into it because I do most of my blogging from the iPad now since I started working! Ugh!
    Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That book case really is fantastic! :) And cows rock! :)
      That's so weird about your comments! :( I heard that other people had problems with blogger as well. I don't know what is wrong with that. So sad!
      Enjoy your Sunday!

      Delete
  2. Hi Katrin

    Guten Morgen!!

    Nice post! animals are far more accepting and emotional than us 'intelligent' humans..touching video! and lovely card :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ankita! :) Animals are so fantastic! I am always amazed!
      Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Wow, that bookcase! I love how animals care for each other, they have a much higher emotional capacity than many humans I know!! And I love that sweater--so cheeky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree on the animals. I am always amazed to see things like that. It really warms my heart!

      Delete
  4. That is one slick looking cat house - those guys are spoiled rotten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to spoil my cats with such a house as well! :)

      Delete
  5. No sugar? You're a braver lady than me. But with the amount of chocolate currently in our pantry (mostly leftover from the Christmas season/a trip to Brussels), it'd take a miracle to make me do that.

    Love the modern take on a cat house too.... Did you happen to see this one http://www.hauspanther.com/2014/01/09/amazing-german-designed-cat-climbing-furniture/

    It's German and waaaaaaaay out of our price range but so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only did it for 5 days so it wasn't too bad. :) But I have to say that I eat less sugar now. I can't resist chocolate but I avoid products with refined sugar and I don't use it in my tea anymore.

      And yes!!! I have seen that one! And I am so in love! I want to have something like that for my cats as well! :)) I am sure they would love it! So cool! I am sure your cat would love it as well! :)

      Delete
  6. That blind cow video is absolutely amazing. Friendship transcends sight...even for animals. Howe amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I'm deeply impressed by that video. So so wonderful they let them both be friends and so wonderful to see how they would try to be near each other once they've met :)
    I want a cat house for Molli please - and I need that book shelf! :D
    Awww, you are the sweetest. Thank YOU for always being there, for the sweetest comments and the biggest support. I'm so happy we became friends, so happy I have met you here!
    Ich drücke Dich gaaanz feste und ich kann es gar nicht erwarten, dass wir uns endlich treffen können :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That video really is impressive. I am always impressed by the way animals act. They are fantastic. And show much more compassion than most human animals.
      I am sure Molli would love the cat house!
      Thank you for always being there! It means so much to me to be able to call you my friend! Can't wait to meet you!
      Ich drueck Dich soooo dolle!

      Delete
  8. That book case is fantastic! I would love a whole wall of books in my house :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, me too! That would be so amazing!

      Delete

Please leave a comment...