Friday, February 7, 2014

Five Things. A fluffy bus, the sidekick series, animal testing and confetti shoes.

Hallo meine Lieben,

happy Friday to you! I hope you have a fantastic weekend ahead of you!
Please check out my friend Celeste's post as well! She is on her way to Iceland and shares some facts about this fascinating country. 


1.This bus.


I would love to travel in this bus. Who would not? It's a Japanese bus by the way. It is also fluffy in the inside and you can share your space with some teddy bears.


2. Some bad news. 

I have read about this topic a lot over the last couple of days but I still don't completely get it. I am talking about The Safe Cosmetics and Personal Care Products Act of 2013 (SCPCPA). This legislation is intended to overhaul the way that cosmetic products are regulated in the U.S. Which basically means that animal testing would be mandatory for cosmetics products. And I guess I don't need to explain that this would mean a huge step backwards. Up to 11.5 million animals (and I am talking about rats, bunnies, cats, dogs....) would be required to test the cosmetic products on. Can you believe this? Other countries stop animal testing but America wants to make it mandatory. I still hope this isn't true. You can read more about this topic on Logical Harmony. Tashina explains everything you need to know. You can also find a press release at leapingbunny.org


3. A foxy pillow.


I found this in an Etsy shop called iotaillustration and I totally feel like I should own it. I think the cats might like it as well. They are huge pillow fans. 


4. The Sidekick Series.



The Sidekick Series is a youtube series featuring rescued animals and their humans. I think this is such a fantastic idea to raise awareness and help to get more animals adopted. There is already a video available where Emily, the Chief Cat Lady behind the Sidekick Series, talks about her cat B.K. I can't wait to see more fantastic videos over the next couple of weeks. You should definitely check this out because you will love it. Trust me.  Next week you will get to meet Hans, the dog of the Chief Dog Lady Suzanna.


5. These shoes. 


I also found them on Etsy. Maybe I should think about not spending so much time on Etsy because it makes me want to spend so much money. These are from a store called goldenponies and they are made of cork and faux leather. I am officially in love. 


Have a fantastic weekend!





18 comments:

  1. Hi Katrin! Thanks SO much for posting about The Sidekick Series!! I'm Suzanna and Emily and I created the series. It was so great to find your feedback here and we so appreciate you sharing with your readers! Let us know if we can provide you with anything else down the line :) Thanks for watching.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thesidekickseries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by, Suzanna! I feel honored! :) I love the work you do and I am so excited to watch more of your videos! I am so glad I discovered your site! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. What a cute pillow! And the Sidekick series sounds so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is totally awesome! I am sure you will love the videos as well, Martha! So excited to watch more of them!

      Delete
  3. I am already buying 90% of beauty products from companies that are against animal testing. Are the Americans insane?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to travel in that bus, too. That would be so much fun!
    I'm shocked to hear America considers using animal testing again. That is horrible! Why would they use products that are harmful in the first place?? I so don't get it :(
    Love that pillow and those shoes!! You should totally get them :)
    And thank you so much for introducing us to the Sidekick Series! So wonderful.
    Ich drücke Dich noch Mal ganz dolle, liebe Katrin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure it would be looots of fun! :)
      I am shocked about it too. I mean, there is already too much animal testing but now they are thinking about making it mandatory? That is horrible!
      I think I should totally get those shoes too! : Glad you agree!
      I just love the Sidekick Series! Glad you enjoy it as well! Can't wait to watch more videos!
      Ich drueck Dich ganz ganz dolle!

      Delete
  5. I love that fox cushion! We have so many though... I think my boyfriend would start throwing things out if I introduced another cushion ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, I know what you mean. I think you can never have enough pillows but I guess men are different...:)

      Delete
  6. Hi Katrin!

    nice post! the cushion is just so cute :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ankita! I really like that pillow a lot!

      Delete
  7. That Japanese bus is super cute… I saw a crazy artistic Japanese bus in Mexico City and Ive to show you that one day! I wanna watch the Sidekick Series sometimes, pitbulls are my babies! Btw cute finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is cute, I wish there would be more buses like that! I would love to see the bus from Mexico City! :) Pitbulls are so cute, hope you enjoy the Sidekick series!

      Delete
  8. I want to live in that bus!
    And thanks for letting me know about the Sidekick series, I think Fifty and I will love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, me too! :) And I am sure you and Fifty will love the videos!

      Delete

Please leave a comment...