Sunday, February 2, 2014

Five Things. A shocking fact, a sweet temptation and a fascinating read.

Hallo meine Lieben,

happy Sunday! I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday! Will you watch the Super Bowl tonight? Do you care more about the game or the commercials? Which team will win? I have to admit that I still don't completely understand the rules...

You can check out my friend Celeste's post here.



1. Some inspiration.



Because sometimes you just need some motivation. Especially on a Sunday. 



2. Some facts. 




Did you know that to date, the EU has banned 1,100 chemicals in cosmetics; the Food and Drug Administration in America has banned only ten? Can you believe this? How is it possible? This really shocked me. For example: Cover Girl waterproof mascara (a brand you should not buy anyway because they do really cruel animal testing for all their beauty products) contains the same ingredient (petroleum distillates, an oil by-product) as Dr. Scholl’s Wart Remover—both of which are illegal in Europe. How nice. Who would not want to have that stuff in their eyes...
You can read more about this here



3. The perfect reading spot.



I am in desperate need of a vintage chair like this one. It would be the perfect place to hang out and read. Then I would just need a fire place and a globe bar.


4. Something sweet.

I planned to bake some vegan cinnamon rolls this morning but when I wanted to start I realized that some of the most important ingredients were missing (no, not cinnamon). So I decided to make some muffins instead and I have to stay that they turned out really great. I used what I could find and made cinnamon muffins with chocolate, marzipan, almond and vanilla yogurt. The dough tasted so good that I ate half of it before I ate the muffins but I guess that is the best part of baking. Will share the recipe soon. 


5.  A book.


I recently discovered my love for true crime books and I am currently reading this one. I have to say that it is fascinating and shocking at the same time, there are so many things I did not know before. I definitely want to check out more true crime books. 


Have a fantastic Sunday!








18 comments:

  1. Yuck! The stuff that's in conventional cosmetics makes me gag. So glad I went vegan/natural.

    Your muffins sound delicious!! I've been craving cinnamon rolls lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is shocking how much crap is in the products you can buy everywhere!

      They really are delicious. It is hard to resist eating them all at once. :)

      Delete
  2. I really really need a reading chair. I think I've had one on my "wishlist" for over 10 years. Here's to continuing to dream :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. :) It's on my wishlist for years as well and I think it is time to make this dream come true!

      Delete
  3. a reading spot is needed! i can't wait to get back to my crime novel-reading time. i miss some mystery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all need such a reading spot! We deserve it! Hope you can get back to reading soon.

      Delete
  4. I love that quote and it's so true. And I completely understand the wish for a vintage chair. We've bought one and are waiting to get it re-upholstered. I'm yet to find the perfect vintage chair though. Wishing you a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quote really is true. Glad you like it! Oh wow, so great you bought a vintage chair! Congratulations! I would love to see it! I hope I can find a great one too! Have a great week!

      Delete
  5. I always eat half the dough before what I'm baking gets anywhere near the oven!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that quote from Nelson Mandela. His quotes are always so inspiring. They will live on eternally and he will live on through them. And I agree 100% that it is really sad that the FDA here in America has only banned 10 of those chemicals. I would love it if we as a nation would boycott any companies that utilize these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are indeed inspiring!
      I really can't believe that there are so many toxic ingredients in the products you can buy at every store. I wish people would boycott them but I guess lots of people don't even know about it.

      Delete
  7. Hi, Katrin! Happy Monday! I did not watch the super bowl or understand the rules either, haha. I watched a minute (maybe 30 secs, actually) of Bruno Mars' show, but that was it.

    Wow, those are some interesting facts! Some things in America are so twisted! Especially everything that has to do with food, labeling and rules in that industry :/.

    Hope you have a wonderful week! And now I'm craving muffins, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miki! I hope you are having a great week! I am glad I am not the only one who does not understand the rules. :) I watched the half-time show but that was it. :)

      I really can't understand that you can buy so many products with toxic ingredients that will ruin your health. I wish people would stop buying them!

      I am craving muffins and cakes and pies etc all the time at the moment. It is pretty bad. :) Give the kitties a hug! :*

      Delete
  8. I wonder if the animal testing is the reason I don't see Cover Girl cosmetics in France or Ireland? Do they sell it in Germany?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe so! They don't sell it in Germany either! But on the other and they sell Maybelline, L'Oreal, Max Factor and terrible companies like that. I really don't understand all the regulations....It is sad and confusing!

      Delete
  9. Another amazing quote that is so so true!!
    I really like that Europe is taking care of those things...there's still so much work to do, but it's a beginning! I want a chair like that to read! And I can't wait for the muffin recipe :)
    Ich drück Dich noch Mal sooooo feste!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the quote, Beate!
      I have heard that the United States want to make animal testing for cosmetics mandatory again. That would be such a terrible step back. I hope it is not true.
      Really need to share that muffin recipe soon! Don't have enough time for blogging right now!
      Ich drueck Dich ganz ganz dolle! <3

      Delete

Please leave a comment...