Sunday, February 9, 2014

I confess...

Hallo meine Lieben,

I hope you are all enjoying your weekend. I haven't done this in a while and I think it is time to make some confessions...



Confession #1.

I am a bit proud of myself because I made a cake today which looks good AND tastes good. The one I made before only tasted good. 



Confession #2. 




I started crying this morning when I read the news that the Copenhagen Zoo killed a 18 month old baby giraffe who was perfectly healthy. Just because they say they have to avoid in-breeding. I have never heard such a bs before. The scientific director Bengt Holst (aka Dr. Evil) says that Marius' (the baby giraffe) genes  "were already well represented among giraffes at the zoo." Statements like this make me sick to my stomach. These zoos breed endangered animals just to kill them? They killed Marius by a bolt gun, not a lethel injection. That would have contaminated the meat...which they are planning to feed to other animals. I have signed a petition, I wrote to the zoo...and hearing these news just totally shocked me. The world is so sick. You can read more about it here
RIP little Marius. 



Confession #3.

All this made me so angry and sad that I think I have nothing else to say today.


What do you have to confess?

12 comments:

  1. Holy crap, that has to be one of the sickest things I read all week!!! What the holy hell Copenhagen? This is why I'm so torn on zoos. I understand that some of them are used as a way to regrow endangered populations, but they're so cruel and unnatural. I haven't been to one since I was a little girl and I don't think I could go now without feeling ill. :( That poor little baby...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, most of the zoos are cruel and unnatural. It makes me so sad to hear stories like that. I just can't understand is. I am so sad.

      Delete
  2. Loved that cake you made! So wish I could have coffee and cake with you :) And talk about everything!
    This is so sick. So sick that I'm speechless and furious. Why on earth would they do this? I don't get it, I just don't get it. And I totally understand you don't have any more to say. I don't either :(
    Ich drück Dich feste, ganz feste, liebe Katrin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure we will have coffee and cake together soon! Can't wait!
      It really makes me sick to my stomach. I just don't understand it. The reasons they explained are so stupid and don't make any sense at all. It is just horrible.
      Ich drueck Dich ganz ganz dolle!

      Delete
  3. wow, that's so shocking. and cruel. i can't say anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cruel and pure evil. I am speechless, this world is so sick!

      Delete
  4. Hi Katrin

    This baby giraffe news is indeed sad, I read about it in the newspaper. The government should make stringent laws against such obnoxious things.

    Two cheers for the cake!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ankita, it is so sad and cruel and terrible and I just don't understand why they did this. Horrible!

      Delete
  5. I would love to have some of your cake - what kind of cake did you make that day? Me too, I forwarded the story to a bunch of people yesterday and I was shocked about Copenhagen Zoo…who would do that?! That’s horrid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have cake with you as well! It was a banana cake with marzipan, raisins and coconut flakes. I had no recipe, I just tried to add all the things I like.
      It is so horrible. I am so shocked and can't understand it!

      Delete
  6. I'm sick to death over Marius. I really don't understand why he couldn't have gone to live at another zoo or wildlife refuge, loads of other places wanted him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand this either. Probably because there is NO reason for this. So sad and terrible!

      Delete

Please leave a comment...