Wednesday, July 18, 2012

And the Oscar goes to....

Hallo meine Lieben,


I hope you are having a wonderful week!
I am honored! I got three awards from two wonderful persons. How fabulous is that? I am really honored and it means a lot that people enjoy reading my blog!
And I am so thankful for my wonderful readers! It really means a lot to me! You are not just "other bloggers" or "readers"...you became my friends and I love reading your comments, mails and posts. Thank you so much for making blogging such a wonderful experience!


Okay....it is not really an Oscar but it means the same to me. 


Oscar

I received the "Liebster Blog" award twice. And that's so amazing!


Thank you so much, Kate! It really is a huge honor and it means a lot to me that you like reading my blog! You are so wonderful and I enjoy every single post of you!
Her blog is called "Strawberries, cherries and an angel's kiss in spring" and if you don't know it yet, you should go and check it out!
It is so cool to receive an award with a German origin! "Liebster" means "favorite" in German. 
I love to read about your life, Kate. I love your recipes and I love the fact that you love Fußball as much as I do! Dankeschön! You are wonderful!


I also received this award from lovely Amanda from Overseas Adventures! 
Amanda, thank you  so much, I am so glad that we found each other's blogs! It is so much fun to read about your experiences in Germany!
She is an American who lives with her husband in Germany....I am a German who lives with her husband in America. So it is very exciting for me to read about life in Germany from an American perspective! You should all go and say hello to Amanda!


And here are the rules for accepting the award:



1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.


2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.


3. Copy & Paste the award to your blog.


4. Nominate 5 blogs to receive the award.



I got another award from Amanda a couple of weeks ago! First of all: I am sorry that it took me so long to post about it! But it was a huge honor and I haven't forgotten about it! :)


It is the Versatile Blogger Award! Thank you sooooo much, Amanda!




A part of accepting the award is to tell the person who nominated you seven things about yourself. 


So here it comes. I am sure I have already mentioned all these things before...so sorry for that. 


1. I am addicted to flea market stuff. I buy all kinds of stuff that I don't really need but look adorable. 


2. I have a stuffed animal who is a donkey (Esel in German) called "Esel". I love this donkey and he went everywhere with me when I was a kid. 


3. I am 172 cm tall and my eyes are green and brown.


4. My "favorite" chore is vacuuming but I hate ironing. 


5. My left leg is a little longer than my right leg. Only a couple of millimeters so I don't look like a monster.


6. When I was a kid I fell from my bike and had a brain concussion. There are no long-term effects...but sometimes I think that's the reason I am so confused. 


7. I always read several books at the same time. 


Okay....I don't want to make it too complicated that's why I nominate eight other bloggers for both awards. You can just pick one if you want. :) I am an outlaw, I change the rules. Hahaha. (mean laughter).


I want to nominate 5 lovely persons whose blogs I love. I have no idea if these bloggers already received these awards but I know that some of the blogs I read already received it so I don't give it to these blogs although they are some of my favorites too. That sounds complicated. 


And the oscar goes to:


1. Miss Sugar Shack: Miss Sugar Shack
2. Breenah: by Breenah
3. Kari: Life on Madison
4. Celeste: The Punching Teacup
5. Beate: Wish it. Dream it. Do it.
6. Niken Read My Mind
7. Steph, Cindy & Haley: meet.make.laugh
8. Tif: Ramblings of a Southern Belle

I love reading your blogs! Thank you for being such great friends!
I wish I could nominate all the lovely blogs I read. :) You are all wonderful!


And thanks again to Kate and Amanda! You guys rock!


Have a wonderful Wednesday!

16 comments:

  1. yay!!! congrats for your double awards. you deserve it

    oh...i wish we can go the flea market together one day. i think having a multicolor cornea is a cool think. really. like a super power. am i sound weird yet?

    wow!!! thanks for nominating me!such an honor. can't wait for next week ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Niken!
      No, you don't sound weird at all! And it would be awesome to go together!
      I love your blogs, that's why I nominated you! And I can't wait for next week! :)

      Delete
  2. YOU Sweet Katrin...are AMAZING! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thank you so much for this lovely description, I really feel honored. And I'm so happy that you like this award so much, it was really the right choice to give it to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just saying the truth. :) Thank you again for the award! That was so sweet!

      Delete
  4. AW! Thank you so much! I've never gotten a blog award before!

    ReplyDelete
  5. go girl, you're raking them in! maybe one day they will have a blogging oscar haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so sweet! Thanks Katrin! We are honoured you picked us! :) We have never gotten a blog award before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! :) I love your blog and it deserves an award! :)

      Delete
  7. Thank you so so much! This is my first award and I am so excited about it :) You're just so sweet and wonderful! And thank you too for being such a dear friend after such a short time. I appreciate it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you're happy about it! I love your blog and you deserve an award! You also deserve an award for being a great friend! :)

      Delete
  8. You're welcome :-) Thanks for the shout out. It is fun to read your blog also. It was interesting to read your 7 things. I also read several books at one time. Last night I added another to my in progress books (bringing me to 5). It's Deutsche Erhzälungen/German Stories Translated and Edited by Harry Steinhauer. The German text is side by side with an English translation so I think it will be a fun way for me to practice reading German but not waste so much time having to look up unfamiliar words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, Amanda! Thanks again for the award, it was a great honor!
      I am sure that book is very helpful! Sounds like a good way to practice a language!

      Delete

Please leave a comment...