Friday, July 27, 2012

Book club! Do a good deed every day and fill out some lists.

Hallo meine Lieben,

A couple of days ago I helped a dog find his way home. I rode my bike to the post office and yes, I know that I am probably the only one who does that. So on my way back I had to cross a busy street and there was a dog. Standing on the street. Funny thing is that he waited for his light to turn green. But then he just stopped and waited on the street which was really weird. He looked confused and he was really old. So I ran to him because I saw some cars coming down the road and helped him over the street. He wore a collar so I thought that he must have an owner. 
I have to admit that I think that animals can understand me so I asked the dog where his home his and he started to walk. I followed him down the road for several minutes until we reached a little path. He followed it and stopped at a fence. There was another dog behind that fence who started to bark. I also started to scream "Hello?" and after a while an old man came to the fence and he was very happy that I brought his dog back. He said that the dog escaped a couple of times and that he was always scared that something bad could happen. The man was very friendly and told me to come back to visit the dogs and his wife and his daughter. Very nice. 
So yeah, do a good deed every day and you can make others and yourself happy.

I am linking up with Heather from Blonde...Undercover Blonde for the book club!

Surprise: I don't talk about a crime novel today! I hope you are not disappointed!

I want to show you this fantastic book.


It is a journal and it contains lots of lists that you can fill out and I can tell you it's so much fun!  The book has 160 pages so you can imagine how many lists there are. To many different topics. 

List your closest friends
List things most people probably don't know about you
List your best purchases
List your bad habits
List the best gifts you've ever received
List people you wouldn't mind having sex with
List the ways you've changed since your teens
List your favorite toys you have played with as a child

and so on.

There is a lot to think about and you learn a lot about yourself. Plus I am sure it will be a lot of fun to read the lists in a couple of years. I am a huge fan of books like this.

There are several books in this series and I definitely want to get more of them.
Books like:

My future listography. All I hope to do in lists
Film listography. My life in movie lists.

I would say it's also the perfect present.

Every list comes with a beautiful drawing like this one.


So if you like writing lists like me or are a lover of journals: this book is perfect for you. You will have lots of fun. 

Have a lovely weekend!


22 comments:

  1. I am not a big lister, but it does look fun :)

    Good deeds ALWAYS bring you good karma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lots of fun! :)
      And yeah, I always want good karma!
      I love your new picture by the way!

      Delete
  2. What a good writing exercise! Plus I just love making lists, so this would be a good one for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The story with the dog is really cute! That`s nice you did something good for the man and the dog!
    I´m glad nothing happened to the dog, though!

    The book sounds really interesting! I bet it makes you think about yourself a lot!

    Cheers,
    Miss Sugar Shack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope the dog won't escape again. That was really scary! Plus the dog is old so he can't run really fast.

      It really does! And it's lots of fun!

      Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  4. I to-so list for my job but not for my life. Haha. But that book looks fun!

    I'm into crime novel lately. I'm reading In The Cold Blood by Truman Capote right now and there's John Grisham's novel already queu next

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love crime novels so much! I can't get enough of them! I talk about crime novels every Friday so I thought I pick a non-crime book this time. :)) But they are my all time favorites.

      Delete
  5. That is so sweet of you to walk the doggy home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katrin, that is such a sweet story. You are such a kindhearted person and I don't doubt for a minute that you can communicate with animals. Do you think you'll go back and visit the dogs and the family? And how great are lists? I make lists for just about everything. I hope you're having a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Vanisha! It was such a great feeling when he started to move after I asked him where he lives. Maybe I am crazy but I really think that he understood me. Thanks for not thinking that I am crazy. :) I will definitely go back, they don't live very far away and I want David to meet the dogs too.
      Lists are great! Love making them! Have a wonderful weekend, my dear!

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful story about you and the dog! Amazing he really showed you where he lives - so cute. And you got to know a sweet couple and their dogs, that's nice. I'm curious what stories they'll tell you whenever you'll visit them :)

    And I love that book! I like writing down lists like this (and especially reading them many, many years later - so see what has changed, what's still the same...and to smile about myself ;)
    I just checked it...it's even available in Germany - cool! :D

    Have a fabulous weekend! Drücke Dich ganz fest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The old man was very talkative. I really want David to meet the dogs too. They are very cute.

      Yeah, it's cool that they sell the book in Germany too. I am pretty sure that I bought mine in Germany too. Have you seen all the different types they have? It's so cool!

      Have a wonderful weekend! Ich drück Dich!

      Delete
    2. yeah, I was suprised how many different types they have. I'll have to look into it...you really made me curious about it because I love making lists :)

      Drücke Dich auch noch mal ganz fest!

      Delete
    3. Hehe. :) I think I need to get some more of those books! :)
      Ich drueck Dich!!!

      Delete
  8. Oh wow... what a cool idea! I'll check it out :)

    Aww glad you were able to find his home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! :)
      I hope you will also like the book! :)

      Delete
  9. I love lists and have been wanting this book forever! It's just sitting on my Amazon wish list. Haha. Time to just buy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too. :) It's great! Have fun with it!

      Delete

Please leave a comment...