Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Ten On Tuesday! Burned Brötchen, Corgis, Camp Cucamonga, worst painting job ever and Grummel Griesgram.

Hallo meine Lieben! Hello lovely Lin!


Thanks for Ten On Tuesday! I love reading it! And to write my own. 


1. Corgis are awesome.
( If you consider to offer a dog a home, please go to an animal shelter or an animal rescue group!)






2. Seriously, NBC? You don't want to show the American people the whole opening ceremony of the Olympics and decided to show an interview with Michael Phelbs instead of a tribute to the victims of terror in London? Because it is not related to America? Oh, come on!


3. I forgot my Brötchen in the oven this morning. So sad. It seems like I always burn things.



4. I am carrying two pairs of socks in my purse. And I feel absolutely good about it because you never know when you need them. I always get cold feet, especially when I go to places with air conditioning like movie theaters. That's when I need my socks. Why two pairs? I really don't know.


5. Our landlord is painting the house. Want to see the worst painting job ever?



I honestly have to idea if this is the end result. He painted it yesterday but didn't show up today to do some more work. I mean, who paints the glass without using some tape? I don't know what he thinks. We will see. I am sure it's art.


6. I had a weird dream last night. I went camping and during the night Mike White scared me to death when he jumped out of a bush - dressed as a chicken. 
I don't know what that means.




7. There are some old movies I want to see again: Can't buy me love (yay for 80's McDreamy), Camp Cucamonga (German title: Chaos in Camp Cucamonga), The Burbs (German title: Meine teuflischen Nachbarn - My devilish neighbors). Has anybody else seen those movies?




8. The wonderful Alex told me that it means good luck when dragonflies land on you. I love the idea so much and now I hope that this will happen soon. How do I make a dragonfly land on me?






9. Evian is naive spelled backwards. 


10. If I could be one of Rainbow Brite's (Regina Regenbogen) friends, I would be Katrin Kleeblatt. Patty O'Green in English (I had to look that up). 
I still have my Rainbow Brite plush toys by the way. Sternschnuppe, Grummel Griesgram, Schleichmichel.....




Have a lovely Tuesday!



30 comments:

  1. I LOVE Can't Buy Me Love! I love most 80's movies, but I do enjoy some 80's McDreamy!

    I LOL'd at your door. I hope there's some kind of plan for those windows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. :) The door looks terrible!
      I think I have seen Can't buy me love at least 20 times. Can't get enough! Glad you like it too!

      Delete
  2. hoho, i've never heard about that dragonfly thing before.

    sad bread...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither but it's awesome!
      Maybe the inside is eatable...Very sad.

      Delete
  3. I have seen the Burbs and it is a strange movie - one part comedy and one part odd -- but it wasn't bad. I do like 80's movies, I think I'm still stuck in the eighties, I can't seem to enjoy the movies today.

    hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really strange. :) But I can watch it over and over and I still love it. :)

      Delete
  4. Rainbow bight was the best! I always wanted to be Rainbow Bright (because I was blonde) and my sister wanted to be Stormy. There was also one called Tickled Pink who was very cool.

    I had a lot of the toys when I was younger...it was such a good show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I loved it a lot. I always played it with my best friend and her brother always had to be the horse. Haha.

      Delete
  5. Your lists always make me giggle.
    I love corgis!
    Even burned, your bread looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I can make you giggle. :) Corgis are cute!
      And the bread doesn't smell very yummy. Unfortunately.

      Delete
  6. i LOVE camp cucamonga!!!! hahaha!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, so cool that you love it too. I always thought I am the only one who watched it! :)

      Delete
  7. I used to love Rainbow Brite when I was little. I don't think I have my doll anymore:( I love your landlord's paint job and your dream - too funny! My friend told me the thing about Evian just the other day - I never noticed it before! Are we naive if we think it's better water?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sad that you don't have your doll anymore!
      And yeah, my landlord is a very talented painter. :)
      I remembered the "naive" thing because it is a movie quote. And I am pretty sure it's not better than other water. :)

      Delete
  8. I really hope that that's not the end result! Maybe your landlord has some secret special technique?? Who knows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure it's a super awesome new technique that nobody knows but at the end the result will be breath-taking. :)

      Delete
  9. The socks made me laugh...because I do the same whenever I go to a movie theater...I did it just last week because it was so hot outside but I definitely needed socks inside the theater to not get cold feet ;)

    Sometimes my Brötchen just look like yours...:D

    I'm really curious about your landlord's intention with your window...let us know if he continues working on it ;)
    Never noticed what Evian is spelled backwards!
    Awwww, and I loved Regina Regenbogen. Oh you just made me smile so much reminding me of them :) I loved the magazine as a child, never had the plush toys unfortunately.

    I hope you're having a wonderful day!
    Drück Dich ganz doll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need my socks! :) I always get cold feet when it's colder than 25 degrees. :) Glad I am not the only one who brings socks to the movie theater.

      Lots of my baking goods look like that. :)

      I will keep you updated on the door. :)

      I did not know that there was a magazine! How awesome! I need to find one. :)

      Have a good night! Ich drueck Dich!

      Delete
  10. Ha ha...that is a paint job that gone bad for sure..hope he cleans it up for you. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your burning things makes me smile - like it's just you - I wouldn't except any less! That's your stamp on the cooking world lovely! I remember when you baked those muffins the second time and you didn't burn them...I was like, what?!!! :) Hope you're having a great week, much love xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, your comment made me laugh so much! :) I am such a bad baker. I mean, you are surprised when I don't burn the food. Haha. :)) Have a wonderful week, love!

      Delete
  12. Corgis are so cute! I love watching them running along side Daniel Craig during the Olympics Opening Ceremony.
    And I hope your landlord comes back to clean up his paint job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they look so funny and adorable! And James Bond and corgis is definitely a good combination!
      I hope so too! He did not show up yesterday!

      Delete
  13. ha-love rainbow bright!
    and yes-i agree-worst paint job ever...oh dear!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree about corgis, although I prefer the tri color ones. I hope the landlord is coming back to scrape the paint off the window. I don't know why he wouldn't use tape, but I have seen some bad paint jobs in places I've lived in also. I wonder if they don't know how to do it or don't care? Funny that you mention Evian/naive, I had actually mentioned that in a story that was published in The Fine Line. If you feel like checking it out, this link will open a free PDF of the issue and my story starts on page 21. http://thefineline00.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/the-fine-line-issue-25.pdf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the way you write, Amanda! Thank you so much for the link! You story is great! But I am pretty sure I won't try the apple thing without fresh water. :)
      Your corgi is soooo cute. :))
      I am pretty sure the landlord thought is was too much work to use some tape. :)

      Delete
  15. I love that carry extra socks in your purse, haha. That's so cute! Sucks that your Brötchen burned. Not gonna lie, I've been known to scrape off the burnt part of bread.

    Thanks for linking up, doll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I usually do that too but 99 % of the thing was burned. :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment...