Thursday, July 26, 2012

Vacation, baby! Around the world!

Hallo meine Lieben,


I am linking up with LinNatalie and Kailyn for another round of Random Thursday! The topic of this week is:




I love this topic! There are so many places I want to see so I would need a couple of vacations. So I guess the perfect vacation for me would be a trip around the world. I would be able to see a couple of wonderful places in just one trip.


It would be a little hard to pack for a trip like that because I would love to travel to many different places with a different climate. So I would need at least 2 suitcases. I am sure David would not pack as much as I would so our baggage won't look too embarrassing. 


And these are the places I would visit on my first trip:




Colorado, United States of America


We have been there last year on a road trip and I know that it  is David's favorite place to be. So I think it would be perfect to start our trip there. We visit some of the breath-taking state parks and enjoy the nature there. We can do some hiking and camping and get ready for our trip around the world.






Havana, Cuba


I am not sure if Americans are allowed to travel to Cuba. I have read that they are not allowed to spend money there. So I am not sure if David would be allowed to travel with me if I spend all the money. Not sure. But aside from the travel restrictions I would really love to visit Cuba some day. 
The architecture is fantastic and I would love to sit in front of a cafe in Old Havana and smoke a Cuban cigar.






Rejkjavik, Iceland


You probably know that I am a huge fan of Icelandic crime novels. And I would really love to explore this land someday. It looks so fantastic and mysterious. I would start in Rejkjavik but then travel around the whole country to see all the nature. 






Cork, Ireland


I am a little obsessed with Ireland. When I am old I want to live on a farm in Ireland with a lot of rescued animals. On my trip around the world I would love to see the beautiful nature in Ireland and drink a Guinness in an Irish pub.







Delhi, India


I started to read about the Indian culture and the country when I was a teenager and I am fascinated. Plus I really love Indian food. I would love to experience the Indian culture because it is so different to the culture I grew up in.






Christmas Island, Australia


When I was a teenager I read a book about a couple who traveled around the world. And they visited Christmas Island. I was so fascinated by their description of this tiny island that I decided that I want to visit it someday.
Every year in November the mass migration of the Christmas Island red crab starts. Millions of animals wander from the woods to the coast. And I want to see that.




New Zealand


The nature is fascinating and I really want to see a kiwi.






There are many more places I want to see but I think this is a good start. 
What is your dream vacation? Have a lovely Thursday!

32 comments:

  1. awesome places to visit! I've never heard of Christmas Island but by the name alone it looks sooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome destinations, Katrin! Did you know that Cuba is one of the most chosen destinations for couples in Argentina to have their honeymoon? It's beautiful and cheap (due to the devaluation of the local currency, it's really expensive to travel abroad :( ...)

    As for my dream vacation ... mmm .... let me think, I'd love to visit so many places! But I guess I'd start in Portland, Oregon then go to New York and after that, I'd cross the ocean to Scotland, Prague and Croatia! :D Awe ... If only I were rich ...

    Hope you have a fun day! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Miki! No, I did not know about that! That's so cool, I love to learn new things! Have you been there?

      Your dream vacation sounds awesome too! We need more money! :) I would love to visit Scotland too. And Croatia is so beautiful! I have been there once!

      Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  3. A trip around the world would be amazing..... now I just need to win the lottery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Iceland! That's what my post is about. I have wanted to go there for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, I like your dream vacation way better than mine haha. I think I'd like visit Havana just to say I visited the place Ricky Ricardo was born ;) Yeah, if you can't already tell, I love the show "I love Lucy".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...your vacation is fabulous!
      I have to admit that I had to google Ricky Ricardo first! I have never seen that show. I hope being a German is a good excuse!

      Delete
  6. You are very inspiring dear.I just discovered your blog and really like it.! I just shared my Clozette Fashion Finds on my blog. If you have a minute, I would love to hear your comment.
    Also, let me know if you want us to follow each other. I will definitely follow you back...

    Blow a Rainbow
    Blow a Rainbow on Facebook
    O.X.Y.G.E.N.on Facebook
    Blow a Rainbow on Bloglovin
    Blow a Rainbow on Pinterest
    Blow a Rainbow on Lookbook
    Blow a Rainbow on Tumblr

    Mwahhh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll check out your blog!

      Delete
  7. I love traveling as well! Great post. Yeah, it's hard to decide on just one destination! If you absolutely had to choose only one, which would it be and why? Someday when I'm rich I'll travel the world. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Hmm, that's a good question. I would love to live in Ireland someday so then I should choose something else for travel. I think it's a tough choice between Iceland and Christmas Island....I choose.......hmmm.....Iceland. But it's a hard decision. I would save money and then travel to Christmas Island in November. :)

      Delete
  8. Ohh great topic!

    I did something like this is March here: http://pet-dhtpo.blogspot.nl/2012/03/travel-top-5.html

    I think I could easily do a top 20 locations that I still want to visit, around the world sounds great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love your post, Celeste! Great locations! There are so many wonderful places in the world, it's hard to just pick one!

      Delete
  9. you picked so many great places to visit!! i haven't been to any of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only been to Colorado but I hope I will be able to visit all the other places too!

      Delete
  10. Love your list! Although you need to move the state over one and add Kansas to your list to visit me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great places! I've never heard of Christmas Island but now I wanna go!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rejkjavik would be a dream! I've watched the documentary Heima about the band Sigur Ros tour of Iceland a million times and I fall in love every time. Definitely on the top of my list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your world trip! Mone would look pretty similar!

    From what I know Americans can not fly into cuba, but you can fly to another island nearby and then take the boat over to cuba. We wanted to do that on our honeymoon, but then decided against it.
    I think India sounds like a great country, but I am also kind of scared of what I would see there. I don`t think I can imagine the poverty...
    I definitely want to see Iceland, the nature looks sooo beautiful!

    Hope you are doing great!

    Cheers,
    Miss Sugar Shack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can go together. :)

      Ah, that's really interesting about Cuba. I have read about the money thing somewhere but I guess that's wrong.

      India would be very interesting but I am sure it would need a lot of preparation. I mean, you don't want to do anything wrong and offend people!

      Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  14. I would love to go to Cork. My grandma told me I have (or had) family there....I never got their names, but I remember that was the location. On the other side of my family people also came from Monopoli and Cisternino Italy which I'm hoping to see someday, hopefully while we live in Europe and it's a closer trip lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, it is awesome that you have so much family in Europe! I hope you can visit all of them!

      Delete
  15. my dream trip is like yours, to travel all over the world. but right now? my man and i are both craving some asian beaches. maybe somewhere in thailand? or even bali? that would be great fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Asian beaches sound wonderful! :) I am sure it would be lots of fun! I need some vacation! :)

      Delete
  16. I think I may go to Delhi with one of my best friends in Germany over Christmas since I can't make it home this year again. Never thought of it as a dream spot, but it makes it so much more exciting that you see it that way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help. :) That's so cool! I am sure you will have a wonderful time and I can't wait to read about it! :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment...