Monday, July 9, 2012

Patient American mail men and sleeping animals.

Hallo meine Lieben,


I think it is awesome to start the week with a cute cat picture. So here you are:



I bought lots of comfy and soft pillows, blankets and other nice things for the cats. Do they like them? No, they completely ignore all that stuff and prefer to sleep in tiny cardboard boxes. I don't really know why but I have realized that it is not necessary to spend lots of money on these things. At least not for the cats.
The bunnies appreciate all the great stuff I originally got for the cats. So at least I did not waste all the money. They spend most of their time sleeping on the cat pillows. At least they appreciate my expensive purchases. 






I hope you started your week with a smile! I started mine with getting laughed at. I went to the post office today to mail my Christmas in July package and asked the mail guy to put the stamp on the package and then give it back to me so that I can take a picture of it (part of the game). He looked at me really confused, then started to laugh and said that's weird. I said, well yes, but I need it. So he waited patiently for me to take a couple of pictures, I needed several attempts because my iphone camera isn't the best and it was pretty dark in there. Behind me was a long long line of people waiting but nobody complained. I was surprised. I mean, I know German post offices. Everybody is in a bad mood in there and nobody is patient. People would start to yell at you. Honestly. So thank you Americans for being so patient! I appreciate it! 
Mail prices in America are a little weird... The mail guy asked me if I want to send my package via express mail for 5,35 dollars or via regular mail for 5,35. I was confused and asked him to make sure that both are the same price and he laughed and confirmed that. Isn't that weird? I mean, it is completely awesome but I expected the express mail to be much more expensive. But hey, thanks again, US Postal Service! You're awesome!


I recently discovered Someecards.com and I am pretty sure that I  am the last person on earth to discover this. I mean, I have seen a card here and there but I never realized that there is a website with tons of awesome cards. There is a wisdom for every occasion. 






I have to say that I am NOT against recycling! It is a very important thing to do. But anybody who would see my collection of empty bottles before I bring them to the recycling place would think that I am an alcoholic. 




I love crappy shows! House Hunters, Storage Wars, What not to wear...I'll watch all of it and enjoy every second. 




So true. My favorite bands are still the same bands I listened to as a teenager. Tocotronic, Nirvana, Oasis, The Beatles....There's nothing better.


I hope you guys will have a wonderful week!

14 comments:

  1. Oh, I wondered where those cards came from! Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to finish up my Christmas in July! Love the recycling card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some pretty great moments at the post office too, though I wish the rates here were like yours! I could send something by regular mail for $16 and express for $22! Argh! I always go for express and registered because the worst thing would be things getting lost in the mail :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, that's really expensive! German mail is more expensive than American mail but not that expensive!

      Delete
  4. I love your cat picture in the beginning! Haha! That makes my week better already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Tocotronic :D

    I like the anti-recycling card...it`s funny :D

    Why do cats never sleep on the cat pillows we buy them? I´ve bought Mr. Kitty so many pillows and he never sleeps on them. He would rather sleep on papertowel rolls, scissors, my purse, in flower pots, on the printer or in the dishwaser o_O
    I have gotten him ONE pillow that he actually lays on every day. Es geschehen noch Zeiten und Wunder :D

    Hope you are doing great!

    Cheers,
    Miss Sugar Shack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awesome you like Tocotronic too! I have been to a couple of their concerts and they were all fabulous!

      My cats always sleep in the weirdest places too! They prefer the sink and the bathtub! Not the most comfortable places. They ignore almost everything I bought for them but I am glad the bunnies like it! You're lucky that Mr. Kitty likes at least one pillow. :)

      Have a great day!

      Delete
  6. Oh my! You are lucky, I can only imagine the riots in the post office around here...people immediately become grumpy upon entering a post office in Holland.

    My kitty doesn't like the fancy stuff to much either, but she does sleep in her bed provided I put it on top of the washing machine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is the same in Germany. I don't know why that is but I have never seen people in a good mood in a German post office. :)

      Haha, it is so cute that she sleeps on the washing machine! They always find the coolest places to sleep!

      Delete
  7. God bless USPS! I'm so happy with their service! And yes, I don't know what's up with cats not liking the blankets/beds that one buys for them, haha :p.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I am not the only one who buys a lots of stuff that the pets ignore. :)
      And yay for USPS! They rock!

      Delete

Please leave a comment...