Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Ten on Tuesday! Hammocks, Storage Wars and funny dogs.

Hallo meine Lieben,


I hope you are all doing great! Our power is back! Woohoo! We spent a couple of days at my parents-in-law's house and it was great. I ate way too much and watched a lot of TV. We had a fabulous time but it is also great to be back home in a house with electricity. 
I am linking up with wonderful Lin from Linny's Vault!


1. My parents-in-law have a fabulous dog whose name is Nikki. And she makes the funniest noises ever. It sounds like she laughs and coughs and barks at the same time. 






2. It's really stupid to be without power but it is kind of cool that I had lots more time to read. I got 2 new crime novels from my Dad and another crime novel on my Kindle and I am making lots of progress. It is also kind of awesome to read by candle light.


3. I watched at least 10 episodes of Storage Wars with my parents-in-law and David yesterday. I think we got a little addicted. I did not help that they showed it all evening. We all think that Barry is really funny and hate Dave. We also watched a couple of episodes of House Hunters International. As you can see I did not read that much yesterday evening. Haha. But I have read some more when I went to bed. 






4. Right now I would like to be in a hammock at a beach, with a cocktail in my one hand and a book in the other. 




5. I still own a hammock that my Mom won in the 70s in a contest. It is green and very comfortable. I think I would be fine with being in that hammock in the garden if I can't have the hammock at the beach. You can't have everything. 
I wish my name would be Princess Consuela Bananahammock.


6. I think I will start doing a puzzle soon. I wanted to do that for a while and now would have been the perfect time to start. I mean, that's a great thing to do when you are without power. But we escaped to our family and only had to spend one night without power. I still want to do a freaking puzzle.




7. Does anybody remember using an "Esbit Kocher"? I know that I had one of them when I was a child and went camping (in our backyard) and I always cooked on that. Maybe I should try to get one of them...You never know when you will lose electricity again. 




8. My prediction is that Spain will win 2:1 against Italy. I know, the finale is already over when you read this but I am typing this on Sunday morning. I hope I am right because that means I am the winner of our Fussball bet. I have 23 points, David has 22 and my Dad has 16.
Note: I wrote this on Sunday because I did not expect the power to be back so soon. Spain won 4:0 so I got at least one point for that which means that I am the winner of our Fußball bet. David and my Dad predicted Italy to win.


9. I missed Breaking Bad.


10. Kirstie is a wonderful person and a reader of my blog (Thanks for that!) and her husband is German. Yesterday she shared one of her Facebook albums with me and I was able to watch her shopping at a German deli! I felt like in paradise (and I wasn't even able to shop, just look!). It was so cool to see all the amazing German groceries! Bitburger, Marmelade, Senf and Müsli....herrlich! Thank you so much for sharing, Kirstie! You are such a sweetheart! Thanks for making me smile so much!


Have a wonderful Tuesday! 

16 comments:

  1. We used to watch Storage Wars a lot too. Dave annoys me so much! My stepdad (who happens to be named Barry) always does the YUP just to bug me.
    Your number 4 sounds PERFECT. I'll come with you.
    Love your Phoebe reference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, glad you like it. That would be an awesome name. :) And we'll have lots of fun at the beach!
      I can't stand the "YUP". That must be so annoying for you! Poor girl!

      Delete
  2. Yay for your power being back on! I also have been itching to do a puzzle..... my problem though is that once I start I can't stop and then I don't accomplish anything else. If only I didn't have to work..... ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have the same problem, Stephanie! I can't stop once I start so I need lots of free time to do a puzzle. Maybe I will find some time in winter. :)

      Delete
  3. That is such a cute dog!

    Reading is bliss, I have not read in a few days because I have been to busy but tonight I am getting back to Dark Shadows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dog is such a sweetheart! :)
      I am sorry that you are so busy! But I hope you are able to enjoy your book!

      Delete
  4. 1. Aw, what a cutie!
    2. As much as I love TV & internet, there's nothing like curling up with a good book. Nothing.
    3. We watch Storage Wars all the time. Dave is definitely one of the most annoying people.
    4. Me too!
    5. "Princess Consuela Bananahammock" <- That's epic!
    6. I've never been any good at puzzles. Also, I lack the patience for it.
    7. We have a propane powered stove we take with us for camping & I love it.
    9. Ugh, me too. I actually forgot it was back n. I need to catch up asap.

    Thanks so much for linking up. I had a blast reading our 10 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your link-up, Lin!
      2. Reading is definitely the best thing to do!
      3. He makes me really mad. :)
      5. David's name should be "Crap bag" then. Haha.
      9. I need to watch the whole Season 4 before Season 5 starts!

      Delete
  5. I'm so happy for you to hear your power is back and you didn't have to wait for too long (oh well...4 or 5 days are actually way too long, but considering it was supposed to take longer than a week that's pretty good I guess ;)

    Oh, I want that hammock right at the beach too...with a great book and a huge cocktail just like you :) That would be my perfect way to relax too :D Can we go there right now? I definitely need a vacation ;)

    Nikki is sooo cute! What kind of dog is she?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was great that we were able to escape to David's parents! Good that they only live an hour away! I am so glad power is back!

      Sure, we can go there right now. :) Any preferences or is any beach okay? :)

      Nikki is a pomeranian! So cute!

      Delete
  6. Hmmm, no, actually I have no preferences.
    I only need a quiet place with white sand, the bright blue ocean and some palm trees. (Just like in the picture).
    If you know a place like this you can just take me anywhere and I'll be happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure we could find a place like this somewhere! And I think we should be able to find some hammocks and cocktails there. :)

      Delete
  7. I hope spain wins!
    And I really hope your power comes back soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spain won 4:0! It was a great game!
      And it is great to have our power back!

      Delete
  8. My husband is addicted to storage wars also because of Barry. Some of the things that come out of Bs mouth are hilarious.

    New follower from GFC blog hop. Would love for you to check out my blog also! www.RaisingBean.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the other people are pretty lame but he's cool and very entertaining! :)

      I am happy that you are my new follower! :) Yay! I checked out your blog and it's lovely! :) Thank you!

      Delete

Please leave a comment...