Hallo meine Lieben,
I hope you are all doing great! Our power is back! Woohoo! We spent a couple of days at my parents-in-law's house and it was great. I ate way too much and watched a lot of TV. We had a fabulous time but it is also great to be back home in a house with electricity.
I am linking up with wonderful Lin from Linny's Vault!
1. My parents-in-law have a fabulous dog whose name is Nikki. And she makes the funniest noises ever. It sounds like she laughs and coughs and barks at the same time.
2. It's really stupid to be without power but it is kind of cool that I had lots more time to read. I got 2 new crime novels from my Dad and another crime novel on my Kindle and I am making lots of progress. It is also kind of awesome to read by candle light.
3. I watched at least 10 episodes of Storage Wars with my parents-in-law and David yesterday. I think we got a little addicted. I did not help that they showed it all evening. We all think that Barry is really funny and hate Dave. We also watched a couple of episodes of House Hunters International. As you can see I did not read that much yesterday evening. Haha. But I have read some more when I went to bed.
4. Right now I would like to be in a hammock at a beach, with a cocktail in my one hand and a book in the other.
5. I still own a hammock that my Mom won in the 70s in a contest. It is green and very comfortable. I think I would be fine with being in that hammock in the garden if I can't have the hammock at the beach. You can't have everything.
I wish my name would be Princess Consuela Bananahammock.
6. I think I will start doing a puzzle soon. I wanted to do that for a while and now would have been the perfect time to start. I mean, that's a great thing to do when you are without power. But we escaped to our family and only had to spend one night without power. I still want to do a freaking puzzle.
7. Does anybody remember using an "Esbit Kocher"? I know that I had one of them when I was a child and went camping (in our backyard) and I always cooked on that. Maybe I should try to get one of them...You never know when you will lose electricity again.
8. My prediction is that Spain will win 2:1 against Italy. I know, the finale is already over when you read this but I am typing this on Sunday morning. I hope I am right because that means I am the winner of our Fussball bet. I have 23 points, David has 22 and my Dad has 16.
Note: I wrote this on Sunday because I did not expect the power to be back so soon. Spain won 4:0 so I got at least one point for that which means that I am the winner of our Fußball bet. David and my Dad predicted Italy to win.
9. I missed Breaking Bad.
10. Kirstie is a wonderful person and a reader of my blog (Thanks for that!) and her husband is German. Yesterday she shared one of her Facebook albums with me and I was able to watch her shopping at a German deli! I felt like in paradise (and I wasn't even able to shop, just look!). It was so cool to see all the amazing German groceries! Bitburger, Marmelade, Senf and Müsli....herrlich! Thank you so much for sharing, Kirstie! You are such a sweetheart! Thanks for making me smile so much!
Have a wonderful Tuesday!