Monday, July 23, 2012

Concert, curry and customer service.

Hallo meine Lieben,


I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

On Saturday David played his show in Columbus with his band "The Stars Collapse" and it was awesome to see him play. I have never been to one of his concerts before so this was a premiere and I was more than excited. They played at the Volatility Festival in Ohio. 
I took a couple of pictures but I am really sorry about the quality. I wasn't able to charge my camera because I just didn't find the charger. Well, that's me. So I had to take the pictures with my iPhone. Not the best quality ever.



That's the band. David is the great bass player on the left. I can't wait to see them play again in August!




I think I took 50 pictures during the concert and David never looked into the camera. He always looked at his bass or the ground. 
He is such a great musician and I am so proud of him! 
Schatz, you're my one and only rock star!


So yesterday I wanted to cook an Indian curry, I love the Indian cuisine so much and I wanted to see if David likes it too.
I already had lots of vegetables but I needed to go to the store to get some coconut milk and curry pasta. I thought this wouldn't be a big problem and I knew that the store has coconut milk because I bought it there before. So I looked for the curry paste....everywhere....first I looked in the aisle with the foreign specialties. Nothing. I looked at the aisle where they have ketchup, mustard etc. Nothing. I looked at every other aisle. Still no curry paste. Then I had the idea to just ask somebody. The customer service in America is excellent so I  was sure that this person could help me. 
I had this dialog with the person who works at the store:


Me: Excuse me, I am searching for curry paste. Can you tell me where I could find it?

Person: I don't even know what that is.


Me: It is Indian and it is a paste made of spices, you can get red or green curry paste. It is usually in a little glass container.


Person: I have no idea.


Me: (Speechless). Well, thanks for your help.


What a nice person. I at least expected her to come with me and look around. But nothing happened. What a great experience.
I ended up going to another store. I found it there and I was able to cook my Indian curry.



Sorry the quality of this picture is really terrible.

Here is what you need:

2 cups of brown rice. I don't exactly know how many grams that it but I say maybe 300g.
1 green pepper
250 g mushrooms
200 g chick peas
1 can of coconut milk
5 teaspoons curry paste
other spices (I used more curry, garlic, pepper and salt)

Boil the rice. In the meantime cut the pepper and the mushrooms and roast them in a pan. Add the chick peas and use lots of spices (I love spices and everything I cook is very spicy). Add the rice and then the coconut milk. Let it cook for a couple of minutes and then add the curry paste. And then more spices. 
Enjoy!

Easy recipe but also very delicious. 

I hope you are all having a wonderful week!

17 comments:

  1. that looks amazing! will definitely have to save this recipe to try it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love curry, I think I lived on thai green curry for a while :)

    Did David like it too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curry is my favorite! :) And David liked it too! Unfortunately he added some chicken to his curry. :(

      Delete
  3. Hmmmmm...never had curry! I lived in a house one time where they cooked with it ALL THE TIME...so it took us FOREVER to get it out! lol!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to David for the concert! :D And I LOVE curry! I've never cooked with curry paste, though, I'll have to try it ;).

    Have a fun week, sweet Katrin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miki!
      You should really try it, it's delicious!
      Have a fabulous week, my dear Miki!

      Delete
  5. I'm so happy for you you had a great time at your first concert with David's band. How exciting! Wish I could hear them play too :)

    This woman at the store probably never cooked anything foreign I guess...glad you found the curry paste in another store at least.
    That curry sounds delicious!

    Have a great day, sweet Katrin. Sending you lots of hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really great! I am excited to see them next month again! I am sure they will be really famous soon and go on a world tour. :)

      Yeah, that woman was really stupid. I am glad I found it at the other store!
      Have a lovely day! Hugs!

      Delete
  6. It`s ute how supportive you are of David! How often do they have public appearances? How often do they practise?

    That curry looks sooooo good! I love Indian food, but don`t cook it often enough!

    Too bad though that the sales person wasn`t too helpfull :( I think its good you went somewhere else!

    Cheers,
    Miss Sugar Shack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They practice once a week. They don't have that many concerts. But hopefully they will play some more shows. There's one next month in Columbus.

      I love Indian food. It's one of my favorites.

      Yeah, that person was so stupid. Stupid store.

      Delete
  7. Mmmmmm indian curry is my favourite! Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)) It also tastes really good. I love Indian curry. :)

      Delete
  8. Thank you for sharing the recipe, I love everything containing curry paste and coconut milk! Will have to test this one out for sure, never used chick peas in it before, sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I hope you will like it too. I use chick peas for everything, they are one of my favorite vegetables!

      Delete
  9. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you literally get rid of fat by eating coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...