Monday, July 30, 2012

Spice up your life.

Hallo meine Lieben,

does anybody remember that song from the Spice Girls? I don't even know if they were famous in America. I have to say that I was very shocked when David told me that nobody knows Take That in America. Hello! Take That! They are so damn famous. How can you not know Robbie Williams. It's a shame. 

Well...talking about spices! 
I never had a green thumb. I immediately kill all the plants I take care of. Even when the sign on that plant explicitly says that the plant doesn't need much care or water or sunshine. I don't know if plants don't like me or what the problem is....but: I gave it another shot. David and I bought a pepper plant. We rescued it from stupid Walmart. It seems like they never give their plants any water. This plant looked really terrible and I felt so bad for it that I had to adopt it. And there are delicious red peppers on it. Can you believe it?
Here is the proof:



Don't they look great?
So yeah, I was a little proud about myself because this worked out so well and I decided to try to grow my own pepper plant. I like challenges. I got some plant seeds and planted them a while ago. First I thought it did not work because nothing happened but yesterday I looked at it again and it started to grow. I was so excited.



I am doing my best to keep them alive! I am so excited about this. It's a huge success for me. 
So I thought when I can grow pepper plants I can grow some basil too.



I am so happy! I can't wait for them to grow bigger and bigger. And then finally eat them!
My next challenge will be to grow my own tomatoes.

Do you grow any vegetables or fruits?
When I was a kid we had all kinds of fruits and vegetables in our garden It was like paradise!
Have a wonderful week!

24 comments:

  1. The Spice Girls were HUGE here. I have heard of Take That and Robbie Williams but I don't think most American's have.

    I have a total brown thumb, too. But this year, we grew cucumbers, tomatoes, and bell peppers. They were very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really surprising that the Spice Girls were so famous but not Take That...I wonder why.

      I should try cucumbers too! It is so cool that you grew all these vegetables!

      Delete
  2. I was a huge Spice Girls fan. In fact, I don't think there are many girls my age that weren't fans. Take That never did make it big in American though.

    I can't wait until I get home mainly because I want to start a big garden. Congrats on growing your peppers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you have a favorite Spice Girl? I was a Take That fan and I think they should be famous world wide. :)

      Thanks so much, Erin! I hope you will be able to grow lots of vegetables and fruits!

      Delete
  3. I want to think I have a green thumb, so I plant new veggies and fruits every year. Never had any real veggies or fruits though... I'll try again next year I'm sure. And hell yeah, the Spice Girls were IT! I always loved Mel B. Thanks for reminding me!

    Hannah from I am a lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I hope you will be successful next year!
      Haha, you are welcome! I think Mel B was the coolest. :)

      Delete
  4. I loved spice girls! Lol baby spice was my favorite :)
    Those peppers look amazing!
    Happy gardening =]
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that I always thought Baby Spice's shoes were ugly. Haha. She always had these huge plateau shoes. Haha.
      Thank you so much, Melissa!

      Delete
  5. Spice Girls were somewhat famous back in the day. I vaguely remember Robbie Williams but I don't recall that song. Congrats on getting the peppers to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amanda! Take That was so much better than The Spice Girls so I really don't understand this!

      Delete
  6. I used to LOVE Spice Girls. I feel like if I would ever karaoke...it would be to a song of their's! Anyway...my husband and I have 2 tomato plants this year. SO far, the deer have ate all the tomatoes. BUT, we have rigged something up so we are hoping we get some now! Next year, I would like to do a pepper & cucumber plant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karaoke is so much fun! I am sure it would be great to sing their songs. :)
      Haha, deer ate all your tomato plants? :) That's so funny! I have never heard about tomato-eating deer. :) I hope you will get some more!

      Delete
  7. I LOVED the Spice Girls. Have you ever seen their movie?
    Good on you for planing your own! I don't know how I'd do with that, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't seen the movie. Is it good?
      It's really not so hard when you have a little bit of a green thumb. :) Even I succeeded. :)

      Delete
    2. The movie is SOOO cheesy and super 90's.

      Delete
  8. You grew those!?!? Ah, that is SO COOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was the biggest freakin Take That fan ever! Still love to listen to their old songs once in a while and reminisce about the good old days haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! Their old songs are awesome and I love to listen to them too. I had tickets for their concert last year but wasn't able to go because of a kidney infection. But I have seen RW 3 times. I am so glad you like them too!

      Delete
  10. Yay! I planted more rocket and they've already started growing. I have my fingers crossed with the radish. I can't wait to hear how you go with the tomatoes. My father in law grows his own and they all turn out great. Not sure if I'd have that luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to plant rocket too! I love it so much! My plants are getting bigger and bigger! It's so cool that your father-in-law grows tomatoes! I am not sure if I would succeed!

      Delete
  11. OMG, I remember dancing in my (back then) best friends room to that Spice Girl album :/

    I love eating spicy. When we go to Asia, I start eating spicy stuff before, so my taste buds get used to it and I can eat spicy stuff on vacation :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me and my friends were big fans of Take That. But we still liked some of the Spice Girls stuff.

      I have never been to Asia but when I go I want to try the spiciest food I can get. :) It is so cool that you train yourself to eat spicy food!

      Delete

Please leave a comment...