Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Ten on Tuesday! Fires, moths, barking birthday cards.

Hallo meine Lieben,


I am always excited when it's Tuesday because that means I can link up with fabulous Lin from Linny's Vault for Ten On Tuesday! So, let's start!


1. I got two birthday cards from David. One is called "How cats celebrate birthday" and the other one barks a birthday song when you open it. He knows what I like.


Mine is similar to this one. 




2. When I left a store yesterday the cashier said "Thank you, dear." My response was: "Have a good dear!" I am sure he thought that I am crazy but I was still thinking about the fact that he called me "dear" that I wished him a happy dear. I am so confused sometimes.


3. I rescued the life of two moths on Sunday night. I always have a bowl of water at the front porch for the neighbor's cat. And when we came back from the concert on Sunday two moths fell into the water. I am glad we came back a little earlier and I was able to take them out of the water. 


4. This morning I heard lots of sirens and then fire trucks parked in front of our house. My first thought was that our house is burning down and I don't know about it. I think that's the most stupid reaction you can have when you see fire trucks because I think I should be the first one to know and then call the fire department. 
There was a fire in the basement of our neighbor's house but it wasn't that bad. Thankfully. Nobody got hurt and the fire men didn't have much to do. Puh.


5. My favorite flowers are gerberas. David surprised me with a bouquet of them on Friday. He came home from work at lunch just to bring me my favorite flowers. He is the best.




6. I am still addicted to corn on the cob. I had two of them for dinner yesterday. I haven't eaten it for breakfast yet. I hope that day won't come.


7. My favorite Disney movie is "The sword in the stone". I can watch it over and over again, I think I watched it at least 40 times. Madam Mim is just hilarious. And I am always impressed by Merlin's scientific skills. The movie really is a masterpiece. What is your favorite Disney movie?








8. I am just way too confused. I recently talked with my friend Miss Sugarshack about Breaking Bad and I told her that "Laurie" is going on my nerves. I still don't know what I was talking about because there is no Laurie in Breaking Bad. There are only two options: I think I talked about Skyler and thought that her name is Laurie or I was talking about something else. But I don't know if there is a Laurie in another show I watch. I think this will always be a mystery. So weird. Maybe Skyler looks like a Laurie. 









9. Another mystery: When David and I were in the Netherlands we searched for a tourist attraction called "The mystery house" for hours. We still don't know if it really exists or if it is the mystery about the house that everybody searched for it but you just can't find it. We'll never know. 


10.  I spent an awesome day with my sister and mother-in-law today. We went out for lunch, to the movies and shopping. I am so glad to be a part of their family now. 


Have a wonderful Tuesday!



19 comments:

  1. #5... SO sweet! He really is the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story about the fire truck made me laugh! My favorite Disney cartoon is Peter Pan and I also love Mary Poppins. Oh, and I had corn on the cob for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I was able to make you laugh! :) Oh, yeah, Peter Pan and Mary Poppins! Love them!
      SO great that you had corn on the cob! :)))

      Delete
  3. I feel the exact same way about my in-laws, I'm so lucky, happy, lucky (!) to be part of their family now :) Your reaction to seeing the fire trucks sounds like a reaction that I would probably have to! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it is funny that I am not the only one who would react like that! ;)
      Your in-laws sound so lovely! :)

      Delete
  4. Great blog, can I invite you to my blog, there is a new giveaway:)
    http://fashionismypassion-nickey.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Sword and the Stone was one of my favorites when I was a little girl! Now I want to watch it again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! :) I need to watch it as soon as possible! :)

      Delete
  6. Favorite Disney movie, that's really hard...Beauty and the Beast or Aladdin probably.

    I am still addicted to coconut and pineapple rice so I dont think there is anything wrong with your corn on the cob addiction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin too! I think I like most Disney movies. :)

      I need to make that coconut and pineapple rice too! It sounds so delicious!

      Delete
  7. It's always nice when your in-laws accept you into your family. I bet it is doubly nice for you since your own family is so far away!

    My favourite Disney movie is the Jungle Book. So many good songs. ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it really is! I mean, I miss my family so much but it is great to have such a wonderful American family!

      Oh yeah, I love the Jungle Book songs!!

      Delete
  8. 2. Bahaha! I do stuff like that all the time. It's like my brain & my mouth dont work in sync.
    3. I love how you'll save the lives of even the ugliest creatures.
    5. Mine too! They're beautiful.
    6. Cant say I blame you. They're delicious.
    8. Don't feel bad, I'm constantly renaming people.
    10. How fun! I wish I lived closer to my in-laws, they're all pretty great.

    Thanks for linking up sweets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so cool that gerbera is your favorite flower too!
      And I am glad I am not the only confused person here. :))
      Love your link up!

      Delete
  9. David is so sweet! I also love how obsessed with corn on the cob you are!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...